Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Write a novel of some sort?

royalbumbaclod

Badgeman
Has anyone here ever been on an operation? and if so did you ever think about writing a book about your experiences?

Or if your thinking of joining or in training do you think you would ever write a book about your experiences?

Personally i dont think i could write 2 pages without getting bored, i like telling stories so certain individuals, its my experience, why would i want the world to know about it?

Anyways, im proberbly just been mardy, gimme your views :tp:

I'm bidding for the rights to write the definitive biography of SAS* wunderkind Pte Golden VC MC, who is the most talked about pongo on AARSE.

Makes Nozzer (right in the piccy ;) ) look a bloody amateur ;) :lol:

PS: Who is Sir Jackson? :confused:

*Scandinavian Air Lines

StixJimboRM said:
You notice how the stamp date and letter date are a month apart, lol.

And would an officer really write "you was one of five recruites that got almost top marks" or "you will be asked to take your stuff and kit to 2 paras barracks"

waaaaahhhhh, what a wnaker!!!!

I hadn't noticed actually.... but then I'm not SAS trained! ;)

As for the spelling, well perhaps Sir Jackson is the name of the typist aka Mrs Sir Jackson. Sir's a strange first name though :roll:

I'm wondering re the names on the bottom of the letter if they have the following first names...

Sir MIKE Jackson
Capt REAL McCoy
Maj VAN Winkle
Maj CHOCOLATE McVitie
Sgt "BRICK" Woodhouse
Cpl MAKEUPA Story
Cpl LOAN Sharky
Cpl EVELYN Crabtree

Pte Golden was born in Heros Mansions (aka Colchester housing estate) on 30 February 1987 to Mrs Sandra Jackson DSS* and her 15 year old boyfriend L/Cpl Kevin Smith MC. Once Kev found Sandra was preggers he legged it to avoid prosecution for underage drinking and Sandra was left to raise Mike (known as Sir Mike to his oppos at school) on her own. It was hard being a 14 year old mum, but she struggled through and produced the fine speciman of muscular manhood that is Private Golden (Golden by deedpoll). In 2005 Sir Mike wrote to his mate Sir Jackson who invited Mike to join the SAS. Three weeks later Golden passed the course with flying colours and was invited by Sir Jackson to become his Batsman.....

[Contributions to this story... oops I mean biography, are welcome by all RRers with a highly creative imagination...]

*Now DWP

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Asbestos removal in and around Grenfell Tower: write-up and Q&A from 21 September 2020 online event MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Grenfell Tower safety works: write-up and Q&A from 27 July online event MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CMA secures loan write-off from payday lender MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Loneliness Minister: Write letters to people isolating at home MoD News 2
MoD_RSS NHS to benefit from £13.4 billion debt write-off MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ambassador to Turkmenistan supports the right to write MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Russian account of Salisbury is a re-write of Orwell’s 1984 MoD News 0
scouse Write ups by your DO Diamond Lil's 39
Ahoy89 Appeal? What to write?! Health & Fitness 10
trelawney126 C126. Whose going to Write off What Current Affairs 13
Rumrat What Gloria didn't write, so I did. Diamond Lil's 3
AlisonB2011 How do I write to a soldier? The Quarterdeck 13
R12_CV It's a write off... Motoring 11
B They just Don't Write Them Like This Anymore Miscellaneous 0
soleil Milford M'cury: Airmen to write Rule Book for New Destroyers The Fleet Air Arm 4
M CO of HM Ship given go ahead to write BLOG on Sea Life. The Quarterdeck 4
dustyjack Children Write About the Sea The Gash Barge 5
N Comic Cuts/Write Ups Diamond Lil's 28
flynavy Write Ups! Diamond Lil's 36
MoD_RSS PHE investigating a novel strain of COVID-19 MoD News 1
MoD_RSS Response to the ACMD report on novel benzodiazepines MoD News 0
MoD_RSS DASA awards £2.3m to develop novel sensor technology MoD News 0
MoD_RSS DASA seeks novel technology to counter homemade bombs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CMO for England announces 32 new cases of novel coronavirus: 4 March 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CMO for England announces 4 new cases of novel coronavirus: 2 March 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CMO for England announces 12 new cases of novel coronavirus: 01 March 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CMO for England announces a new case of novel coronavirus: 28 February 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CMO for England announces 2 new cases of novel coronavirus: 28 February 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CMO for England announces 2 new cases of novel coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS MHRA update on novel coronavirus (COVID-19) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CMO for England announces four new cases of novel coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CMO for England announces ninth case of novel coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PHE novel coronavirus diagnostic test rolled out across UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PHE reaches crucial step in fully sequencing novel coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Novel coronavirus and avian flu: advice for travel to China MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement from the four UK Chief Medical Officers on Novel Coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CMO for England statement on the Wuhan novel coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Wuhan novel coronavirus and avian flu: advice for travel to China MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Novel Barriers collaboration day for 'Stopping it in its tracks' competition MoD News 0
S Debut novel - looking for readers! The Book Club 16
BRP Writing a novel about the Falklands War... History 30
MoD_RSS Press release: Developing novel materials with synthetic biology MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: CDE themed competition webinar: synthetic biology for novel materials MoD News 1
soleil Royal Marines Drop In On St Pancras to Deliver Copies Of The New James Bond Novel The Corps 2
Passed-over_Loggie A Carrier and a Vulcan; a Novel Approach History 2
chieftiff To Kill a Mockingbird voted best novel of all time Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 7
soleil FB: Navy Wings: 'The Wrong Sort Of Air' ……......…..... The Fleet Air Arm 3
Sumo Justice being sort or vendetta against the British Army, with Politicians letting it happen? Current Affairs 1
vauxhall Theresa May: We have to sort war widows pension scandal Finance & Pensions 0
WannabeAdmiral What sort of questions come under the verbal ability bit of the RT? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16