Wren's Reunion - York

Discussion in 'Social & Reunions' started by Jenwren, Aug 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone going to the Association National Reunion at York, August Bank Holiday weekend?
    Promises to be a good gathering again. I shall be in the vicinity of the WWW Wrens stand!
    See you there?
  2. Best lock up my son's then. :thumright:
  3. Your son's what? o_O
  4. That's private!
  5. Obviously for their own protection from the ex jennies on the lash for a weekend :thumright:

Enjoy your reunion JW
  6. We could always "dress up" and gatecrash Stirl!

7. I am ringing your doorbell Peter :thumright:
  8. Precisely, there is no need for the apostrophe.
  9. Is that so ??, probably the reason I did not answer in the first place.
  10. I'll keep a lookout for you boys!!
  11. Thank you - I certainly will!!!
  12. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I was gonna say that they'll be the ones with beards, but then again... :oops: :wink:
  13. You've got me excited Sarge. Foolish fellow! :roll:
  14. Hope you enjoy your reunion Jenwren. Please try to keep the noise down when returning to the uni after midnight. Mrs Mango and I like to clock our full ration of beauty sleep - it helps keep the wrinkles at bay!

15. Would you like me to send you some earplugs just in case?!!
    The whole event is being held 'on campus' so hopefully we won't cause too many disturbances, would hate for you and Mrs M to suffer! But..... 1600 of us last time in London - should be over 1000 this time I think.
    We will enjoy!
  16. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Hope you have a good one JW, don't forget take the pics for the site gallery late rather than early.
  17. JW, Got a couple of Wrens from our side of the Atlantic hoping that you girls have a grand time.

Now these two gals are a blast, both have just done a train trip from Halifax to Winnipeg and back. Both are 87. They both served during the Second World War and one of them was the official Regular Force Wren that represented Canada at Her Majesty's coronation.

Anyway, Bunny and Flo from Canada say hello to all their colleagues. They wish they were coming to the reunion as well.
  18. I belong to a internet group for ex jennies, and 3 that I know of are coming from Canada, all of them in their 70's! I met them 6 years ago in London, and we have quite a few from this side going as well, we are even given our own corner/table with banner.
    On behalf of all those that can't attend, we'll have a good time for you!
  19. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Are they fit?! :twisted:
  20. You bet!!! :thumright: