Wren stokers

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by bigwhiteshark, Apr 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is it true they have wren stokers in the RN today.

I know they are not called wrens today, but forgive me thats all I know them by. Do female stokers go to sea and keep watches down the donk shop?

2. oh yes they do, my lhom is one - evil cow

3. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

Lots of them. We have several on board and they seem to be doing fine.

4. None on Moralbion at the moment, but had a few ships with them :)

5. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Do they get to use smaller shovels???? :dwarf:

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Matelots of the female variety have been seagoing for 17 years!

Granted there aren't an awful lot of Stoker or MEM or Engineering Technician (Marine Engineers) who are female, but they've been doing the same mechanical seagoing job, with equal ability & responsibility as their male counterparts since I first served on the same ship as they & female ME Artificers (Illustrious) in 1993.

Loft on switchy! :thumright:

7. Do female stokers have the same mentality as male stokers?

Do they go round looking for a bit of skin?

8. Being shagged by the Chief Stoker has a whole new meaning now... :pukel:

9. Good question, and frighteningly, do they have hairy arrses? As is part of the traditional make-up of the Stoker? :eek:mfg:

10. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Lamri's yer man for the arse question, no doubt he'll be along directly with the answer. :dwarf:

11. anybody remember a stoker WREN called K7?? lovely girl :thumright: Ark Roayl 1990's

12. Ohhh Yes - once seen never forgotten!!!

13. Remember her and "full stop" on the Fearless.

14. I met a P.O. WREN Stoker whilst visiting the Grafton. She frightened the shit out of me.
    :tp: :tp:

15. In the main, yes :)

Honestly haven't a clue shipmate.
    I would guess that a fair few have hairier arses than many a male though!
    And why not, might I add ? Once they are in the Stoker family, they are an integral part of the best department on any ship, large or small ;) I would rather a hairy arsed female stoker dragged me out of a burning compartment than a smooth arsed "male" text speaking chav "can't make me do it" type backed off.

16. What really hacks me off is the fact that I left the Andrew before women began serving onboard.

I think of the times we could have had discussing poetry, art and literature.

Instead I had to share a mess with thirty other deck apes, all as rough as a badger’s bum. (is that mixing metaphors?)

Sometimes life just isn’t fair is it?

18. is she the same "lift well monster" we had onboard.

if i remember rightly she gave our squadron wren steward a run for her money in the minging stakes - not that a certain LH now CPO minded dallying with her

19. Are they able to work the sprayers in rotation above the roar of the forced drought fans etc when the skipper wants to play at destroyers? Mind you cleaning the buggers did wonders for your hands.......all that diesel etc
    Oh happy noisey days, bring on the "TOT"

20. If i remember the lift well monster was a WE rating. Yes i remember that certain LH/CPO, same person who would stand at the bar and piss up you leg if wern't careful