Wren re-union!

Discussion in 'Social & Reunions' started by Jenwren, Aug 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Spent a wonderful three and a half hours last saturday week in Oxford with a 'girl' I joined up with in Nov 66. We hadn't seen each other since we left Dauntless at the beginning of Dec 66 to go our separate ways for part 2 training. I went to Dryad for RP training and V went to Culdrose for her Switch Op course.
    We 'found' each other about 6 years ago on an ex wren site, and have been in touch by letter/phone and email since then!
  3. No Tom definately no sailors hats and white fronts,a true blue badge Wren!! tho we were issued with bell bottoms, which we wore to clean ship on a saturday while on part 2 training, and they were also 'dress of the day' just once on a terrible snowy cold day in dec 67 - I don't think anyone went weekend that friday, we couldn't get out of Dryad.
  4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Nice to see you lot had a good time at your reunion, Jen... :wink:

5. I thought you'd been spying again SgtP, but there are 3 there and we were only 2! Wrong reunion!!!!!! :D
  6. sgtpepperband

Jen: Well you two were there, but it was just a shame you brought your lesbian friend (the one smoking a fag - how ironic?), as she's the only one not paying any attention... :oops:
  7. sgtpepperband

NZB: Welll you're right - I was seriously considering trooping myself under Section 39 of the NDA, but then I realised that I was wearing white socks when that photo was taken, so I gave myself a Kit Muster instead... :oops:
  8. If you are interested Jen.

The Dauntless Association have a reunion at Mill Rythe Holiday Village, Hayling Island - 30th Oct to 2nd November with a great programme and good bar prices. Mill Rythe is great, Ive been there many times in recent years and I only live 10 mins away!!!!

My missus would be attending but it clashes with the Survey Ships Association Reunion weekend in Torquay of which I am the Secretary and she is the Treasurer.
  9. Thanks for the thought Joe. I am going to Mill Rythe reunion, not with V, but with another wren friend. Her late hubby and mine were on Euryalus together. I booked the weekend back in September last year!!! Shame Mrs HJ won't be there, maybe another time...?