Wren jailed for seven-and-half years for cocaine on warship

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by plymwebed, Jun 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A wren who tried to smuggle cocaine into the UK on a Royal Navy warship has been jailed for seven-and-a-half years

Link

2. Re: Wren jailed for seven-and-half years for cocaine on wars

A good result!!
    Best place for them all

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Re: Wren jailed for seven-and-half years for cocaine on wars

Good call with regard the justice.

Bad call with regard the correct terminology of female ratings in the "Guzz Bugle".

4. Given that she was a Female Logistitian Catering Services (Deliverer), you can see why the papers would prefer to refer to her as a Wren Steward. And given they powers that be have reverted the Logs CS(D) back to Steward, how long until the ladies are referred to as Wrens again!! ;-)

5. Ninja_Stoker

To be perfectly honest, the majority of people still call "matelot-ettes" Wrens anyway.

Generally it's the "wimmin" that get a bit irate about it.

The problem with the genderless titles & service numbers is that on paper it's often difficult to discern the gender for practical reasons, such as allocating accommodation. Then again in real life at the average AFCO the problem still occurs both ways.

A few years back I had a "lady" inform me they had undergone full gender re-assignment. Needless to say, after nonchalantly picking myself-up off the floor, I kept the stuttering to an absolute minimum and didn't swear once. :wink:

6. Well in the written form they will be Logistician (Steward) I think, but referred to in speech as 'Steward'. Good time too.

Glad she's been caught and suitable punished. It's a shame she betrayed the country that gave her sanctuary from Angola.

7. Can we mention she's butt ugly now?

8. Ninja_Stoker

I have no doubt a less discerning stoker than I may feel differently with regard her apparent aesthetic demeanour. :wink:

9. ....and there was me a'thinking that pre-entry security checks might have weeded out suchlke, or were we sooo short of plate-layers at that time?

10. LMFAO :lol: :lol: :lol:

11. Ninja_Stoker

Generally asylum seekers destroy their identity papers upon arrival in UK, take-up an assumed name & are routinely handed UK Citizenship & new identity papers by our wonderful government, thus making them eligible to apply to join the service after 5 years residency & impossible to check their murky past.

Scary, but true.

12. Re: Wren jailed for seven-and-half years for cocaine on wars

Anyone going to drop her a line while she's in nick :lol:

13. Re: Wren jailed for seven-and-half years for cocaine on wars

Seven and a half is that all :?: :evil: . A lad I went to school and nearly bought a boat with, ^^\\\' didnt thank God, with got that for half a ton of canabis and he turned Queens evidence, the other 2 on the yacht got 12 and 15 years.

14. Re: Wren jailed for seven-and-half years for cocaine on wars

I would agree with you but I'm not sure what you said :?

But if you said she's minging, then I concur

15. Hang on, I'll give it a go:

She's butt ugly. Fucking butt ugly.

Yep, it works!! :p

16. Re: Wren jailed for seven-and-half years for cocaine on wars

Prisons are almost full.

17. Re: Wren jailed for seven-and-half years for cocaine on wars

Another unpalatable example of Britain's current policy of 'controlled' immigration.

No doubt, as an asylum seeker facing persecution in Angola, she was taken in by the UK. To get to the UK, she had to pass through many countries of the EU where she could have claimed asylum under the terms of the 1951 Geneva Convention, but instead, like most others, chose the UK, to take advantage of our extremely generous housing and benefit system.

Her idea of thanks for this largesse is to attempt to smuggle in a killer drug.

18. White Mafia - spot on and in a nutshell and which also explains what is so wrong with this country of ours.

19. I don't think that weed was the problem in this case! :)

20. Re: Wren jailed for seven-and-half years for cocaine on wars

The country is being exploited by a minority of immigrants and asylum seekers.
    It is time for Parliament to pas new legislation to the effect that if you have been granted citizenship and are involved in illegal or criminal activities then your citizenship will be revoked and you will be returned to country of origin.
    All applicants for citizenship should be made to sign a declaration that they agree to this rule when applying.