Wren jailed for seven-and-half years for cocaine on warship

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Re: Wren jailed for seven-and-half years for cocaine on wars

Good call with regard the justice.

Bad call with regard the correct terminology of female ratings in the "Guzz Bugle".

Given that she was a Female Logistitian Catering Services (Deliverer), you can see why the papers would prefer to refer to her as a Wren Steward. And given they powers that be have reverted the Logs CS(D) back to Steward, how long until the ladies are referred to as Wrens again!! ;-)

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero

To be perfectly honest, the majority of people still call "matelot-ettes" Wrens anyway.

Generally it's the "wimmin" that get a bit irate about it.

The problem with the genderless titles & service numbers is that on paper it's often difficult to discern the gender for practical reasons, such as allocating accommodation. Then again in real life at the average AFCO the problem still occurs both ways.

A few years back I had a "lady" inform me they had undergone full gender re-assignment. Needless to say, after nonchalantly picking myself-up off the floor, I kept the stuttering to an absolute minimum and didn't swear once. :wink:

PartTimer

War Hero
phil1972 said:
Given that she was a Female Logistitian Catering Services (Deliverer), you can see why the papers would prefer to refer to her as a Wren Steward. And given they powers that be have reverted the Logs CS(D) back to Steward, how long until the ladies are referred to as Wrens again!! ;-)

Well in the written form they will be Logistician (Steward) I think, but referred to in speech as 'Steward'. Good time too.

Glad she's been caught and suitable punished. It's a shame she betrayed the country that gave her sanctuary from Angola.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero

I have no doubt a less discerning stoker than I may feel differently with regard her apparent aesthetic demeanour. :wink:

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero

BreathingOutOnTheWayUp said:
....and there was me a'thinking that pre-entry security checks might have weeded out suchlke, or were we sooo short of plate-layers at that time?

Generally asylum seekers destroy their identity papers upon arrival in UK, take-up an assumed name & are routinely handed UK Citizenship & new identity papers by our wonderful government, thus making them eligible to apply to join the service after 5 years residency & impossible to check their murky past.

Scary, but true.