Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by snapdragon, Oct 26, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I passed my fitness test! Thanks so much everyone who helped me along the way, it really did some good!

I didn't get as fast a time as i'd hoped- 14minutes and 2 seconds i did it in and i was aiming at 13- but i don't suppose it matters too much as long as i've passed. I could've done better but i got that pain again. It's been coming on and off for short periods since i did it on Sunday, and it came back with a vengeance during the test. I think maybe i'd just strained a muscle a bit. By the last 200metres i was running doubled over and gripping my side that much, it's still got fingernail marks on! But pain is only temporary as they say, and i feel great for having done it.

Can't wait to hear anything from the AFCO now.

I feel great :D
  2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Well done Snapper, best of luck with the rest of the joining routine
  3. Thanks! I'm itching to get it done with now, but i know it could take a long, long time.
  4. Hey, a pass is a pass, anything else is wasted effort!! Well done.
  5. True! I'm just disappointed because i was aiming for it and i don't like falling short of my aims. But still, it's ok for now!
  6. Congrats Snapdragon - don't worry about your time, you'll be running much quicker by the time you finish Phase 1 training!
  7. Usually in the opposite direction to any staff ;)
  8. Well done snaps , thought of you today at work , so glad you passed , keep up the running though , and do it very gradual , build up over time , your not a crap runner , your just not used to it so to speak , remember the Fartleck routine and you could very easily do a half marathon in a few months time , you must also remember to have rest days , so important , the body has to recover sometime , gradual ,gradual, gradual , I did'nt start running till I was 30 & on 40 fags a day , once I was into it I found it addictive , sadly can't do it know but loved at the time , happy day's indeed , theres a magizine out there called Running , loads of good advice , let us know when you do your first half marathon , there is nothing to stop you , & the satisfaction is awsome , best of luck in everything you want to achieve , chuffed to bits for you , :D
  9. Congrats hun! I thought of you this morning at 1030 when I was having a pee!

Am so pleased xx

10. MMMMMMMM, the golden shower Rosie , :oops:
  11. Dondon you are incorrigable!

12. Tattoo, WKD, thanks!

Dondon, i didn't quite manage my Fartleck, more like have a leisurely jog before the pain kicked in and dropped to a pace that i never even trained at!

Rosey, thanks for all your encouragment! Hope you had a nice pee!

My mom uttered the 'p' word when i said i'd passed, then made me fix the chainsaw.
  13. Practice , snaps , a little at a time & build up slowly , bet your so pleeeeeeeesed :lol:
  14. Congrats Snapdragon! Now's you chance to go onto great things... or just be a great matelot... Have you got a small bottle of Pusser's Rum with which to properly celebrate?
  15. I am pleased Dondon, is that really sad? :)

I was doing well in practice, i'd gone from only being able to run a mile to running 2.4km in 20 mins, then right down to 14 in about 3 weeks. When the time comes for Raleigh, i will leave work early to concentrate on running and swimming.
  16. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

See, she's already pinged the fact that as a future ET(ME) you're mechanically competent even before your training, despite you questioning what "suck, squeeze, bang, blow" meant a mere few weeks ago! :)

Congratulations on the pass, and good luck for the future!
  17. Always, you know, i promised to buy myself some rum if i passed! I can't believe i needed reminding. But i should get some practice in- being a sprog of the eighties, the only rum i've ever had is of the Bacardi kind... :?
  18. Cheers mah mate! I know, i think she thought i'd been trained and passed in already. I did fix it though :D The manual was effing shit.
  19. Well done Snap,all you need to do now is identify different stinky oily fluids at 80 paces!!!!!
  20. Oooh Snap, forgot to ask .. was George Clooney naked?!!!