Wow!

I passed my fitness test! Thanks so much everyone who helped me along the way, it really did some good!

I didn't get as fast a time as i'd hoped- 14minutes and 2 seconds i did it in and i was aiming at 13- but i don't suppose it matters too much as long as i've passed. I could've done better but i got that pain again. It's been coming on and off for short periods since i did it on Sunday, and it came back with a vengeance during the test. I think maybe i'd just strained a muscle a bit. By the last 200metres i was running doubled over and gripping my side that much, it's still got fingernail marks on! But pain is only temporary as they say, and i feel great for having done it.

Can't wait to hear anything from the AFCO now.

I feel great :D

Well done snaps , thought of you today at work , so glad you passed , keep up the running though , and do it very gradual , build up over time , your not a crap runner , your just not used to it so to speak , remember the Fartleck routine and you could very easily do a half marathon in a few months time , you must also remember to have rest days , so important , the body has to recover sometime , gradual ,gradual, gradual , I did'nt start running till I was 30 & on 40 fags a day , once I was into it I found it addictive , sadly can't do it know but loved at the time , happy day's indeed , theres a magizine out there called Running , loads of good advice , let us know when you do your first half marathon , there is nothing to stop you , & the satisfaction is awsome , best of luck in everything you want to achieve , chuffed to bits for you , :D

Tattoo, WKD, thanks!

Dondon, i didn't quite manage my Fartleck, more like have a leisurely jog before the pain kicked in and dropped to a pace that i never even trained at!

Rosey, thanks for all your encouragment! Hope you had a nice pee!

My mom uttered the 'p' word when i said i'd passed, then made me fix the chainsaw.

snapdragon said:
Tattoo, WKD, thanks!

Dondon, i didn't quite manage my Fartleck, more like have a leisurely jog before the pain kicked in and dropped to a pace that i never even trained at!

Rosey, thanks for all your encouragment! Hope you had a nice pee!

My mom uttered the 'p' word when i said i'd passed, then made me fix the chainsaw.
Practice , snaps , a little at a time & build up slowly , bet your so pleeeeeeeesed :lol:

I am pleased Dondon, is that really sad? :)

I was doing well in practice, i'd gone from only being able to run a mile to running 2.4km in 20 mins, then right down to 14 in about 3 weeks. When the time comes for Raleigh, i will leave work early to concentrate on running and swimming.

FlagWagger

GCM
Book Reviewer
snapdragon said:
See, she's already pinged the fact that as a future ET(ME) you're mechanically competent even before your training, despite you questioning what "suck, squeeze, bang, blow" meant a mere few weeks ago! :)

Congratulations on the pass, and good luck for the future!

Always, you know, i promised to buy myself some rum if i passed! I can't believe i needed reminding. But i should get some practice in- being a sprog of the eighties, the only rum i've ever had is of the Bacardi kind... :?

FlagWagger said:
snapdragon said:
See, she's already pinged the fact that as a future ET(ME) you're mechanically competent even before your training, despite you questioning what "suck, squeeze, bang, blow" meant a mere few weeks ago! :)

Congratulations on the pass, and good luck for the future!
Cheers mah mate! I know, i think she thought i'd been trained and passed in already. I did fix it though :D The manual was effing shit.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
soleil The Fleet 0
creddly Gaming 32
brazenhussy The Gash Barge 17