Discussion in 'Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy' started by catton01, Sep 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It was a programme on bbc last night following the lives of two British soldiers who had been seriously injured whilst on duty in Afghanistan.

Just wondering if anyone watched it?

Just makes me want to reiterate how much respect i have for all the armed forces that are currently serving out there.

If you missed it, it can be seen on BBC3 at 9PM this Friday 25 September, or http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00mzs74/Wounded_Part_1/ .
  2. I saw this too. It was a very moving programme. I have to say though that the Para lance jack was one of the most upbeat people I have ever seen! Shocking injuries just seemed to spur him on, fair play to him.

I also enjoyed the "dark" military humour that was obvious in the hospital. Especially the marine who shut the door on the Irish Ranger (with the damaged eyes) whilst he was going through on his wheelchair! His only response was

"...thats harsh!!..."
  3. HELLO. This is already a topic being discussed. Check out the Last 50 Posts.
  4. Sorry didnt see it, feel free to shut this thread!
  5. That fella andy allen in the wheelchair lives in the next street from me, good lad and still got his humour

I was in that platoon, of C COY, 1 R IRISH and left a month before they deployed as I was turning 18 and didnt want to do infantry for 4 years or more. Wish I coulda went to afghan with the lads felt like i let my mates down.

Hopefully get to serve with the RN out there at least

Brill programme