Would you want to be part of a European Navy

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by nobby0919, Apr 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So somone in Brussels has now relegated England as a nation state into oblivion.Following from Daily Telegraph this morning
    Are you happy -- certainly I'm not.
    The new European plan splits England into three zones that are joined with areas in other countries.

The "Manche" region covers part of southern England and northern France while the Atlantic region includes western parts of England, Portugal, Spain and Wales.

The North Sea region includes eastern England, Sweden, Denmark, the Netherlands and parts of Germany.

A copy of the map, which makes no reference to England or Britain, has even renamed the English Channel the "Channel Sea".

Each zone will have a "transnational regional assembly", although they will not have extensive powers. However, the zones are regarded as symbolically important by other countries
    [​IMG]

2. can i now get Home to Dutys from Normandy

3. When it hear the words 'EU' and 'Daily Telegraph' in the same sentence, my brain does the same thing that it does when it hears the words 'Independent' and 'global warming' together...it yawns and shuts down!

Anyhoo...HAPPY ST GEORGE'S DAY RUM RATION!!!

4. On reading this I checked the date, wasn't this posted about 3 weeks too late?

5. i would hate this

i hate the EU they take to much money an allow lots of imigrants into are once great nation.

you may think this makes me rasist but i think BNP has some very good ideas

i am not rasist and neither is BNP

6. Course you aren't racist, but are you sure that you are British as your understanding of the Queens English leaves much to be desired. :thumright:

7. This one rears its head every couple of years. IIRC, some EU think tank has mooted the idea of these theoretical pan-national regions as an administrative measure. Perhaps the reasoning is that a cornish fisherman has more in common with his breton counterpart than with yada yada yada. Non story.

8. You truly think the BNP is not racist?

9. It's BNP for me.

BTW, Anyone got news on Creddly?

10. This is hardly new, nor does it qualify for the epithet news. This was reported last year yet still the xenophobes have to have a dig at an old story.

I agree that the BNP is no more racist than it's sister organisation, the NSDAP. I find it astonishing that after all the blood spilt by the relatives of many of us here, there are people who are happy to denegrate their heroism by supporting the very thing they fought against: naziism in its many forms (including arguably their sister fundamentalist political faith: communism). Immigration is not the cause of the problems we face in this country, just a convenient scapegoat. The BNP, like the NSDAP, would undermine all that they claim to support, the first casuality being, as in Nazi Germany, the rule of law. Once that's gone the journey can only be downhill into the cesspit of exterminating scapegoats and the destruction of the economy, leading to immiseration for the masses.

11. Can you say that again in English (British) please?

12. Sorry, but the BNP is clearly racist.

13. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

2TJ: Just stick to 'Diamond Lil's'... :wink:

"Move along, there's nothing to see here"! 8O

14. Was there not a bit of a furore a few years back that the FPS badge would be replaced by a EU flag because of the EUs Common Fisheries policy ? I don't think it happened ?

15. Dad and son are back. Crack on.
    NZB

16. If this Government continues to neglect the Navy at its current rate, we will need a European Navy to plug the various capability/capacity gaps.

17. Indeed - and am rather sure that this has been thought of .....

18. If you support the BNP then that's your prerogative and good luck to you. But PLEASE don't come on here and say that they aren't a racist organisation. If you truly believe that then I think maybe you need to broaden your horizons and look at more than just BNP produced (i)lliterature ;)

As for a European Navy. I don't think that will happen per se, although we are already working much more closely then ever before with our continental cousins, a trend that will carry on (but not to the extent of joining). I for one, as "romantic" as this may seem to some, really DID join up to serve my Queen and Country. As disillusioned as I may be with the RN these days, the reason that I joined up remains the same and I think many will rethink their careers if this was ever to happen.

19. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Concur, Lamri. Apologise for the thread drift, but the mere thought of the BNP claiming to be a legitimate political party. I was a member of the ANL before I joined up, and have remained a supporter of the Anti-Nazi cause since.

So for the benefit of Flano, here are some facts about the BNP:

BNP - A RACIST PARTY
    Racism is at the very heart of the British National Party. It is racism that separates it from any other political party. And it is racism that attracts many of its members.

Of course the BNP denies this. It knows how hateful its views appear, and has tried to make its language less crude. But the song remains the same. BNP publications are still filled with racist articles, lies about immigration and asylum, and distorted figures in an attempt to portray black people as criminals and dole scroungers.

Today, the BNP has dropped its policy of compulsory repatriation and replaced it with a voluntary scheme. Make no mistake about it, this move is designed to win over supporters. The party recognise that the vast majority of people found its previous policy abhorrent. But the small print of BNP policy makes clear its true aims. The BNP claims that a BNP led government would consider forcible repatriation if not enough “non-whites†took up its offer.

If the BNP does not publicly support compulsory repatriation, it makes no attempt to hide its backing for an apartheid state in Britain. Current party literature proposes to “protect and preserve the racial and cultural integrity of the British people – and of others too, the party believes in separationâ€.

- According to the BNP 2001 general election manifesto, “native Britonsâ€, who they claim can only be white, would be given priority in the job market. “Non-whites†would instantly become second class citizens in Britain.

- Any black person who commits a crime would also be thrown out of the country, even those who were born here.

- Mixed race relationships would be outlawed.

Privately, the BNP leaders have continued to air their real political views. “All black people will be repatriated, even if they were born hereâ€, BNP leader Nick Griffin told Wales on Sunday in 1996. “We must preserve the white race, because it has been responsible for all the good things in civilisationâ€.

- According to party number two, Tony Lecomber, the preservation of the white race can be done through a racial eugenic programme.

- The BNP supported ethnic cleansing in the Kosovan crisis. “The Serbs’ real crime isn’t the harshness with which they have expelled so many of the Albanian Muslims who having become the majority in the Kosovan heart of Serbia by a mixture of immigration, a high birth rate, and low level ethnic cleansing of the native Serbs… No! The real crime in the eyes of the powerful advocates of a multi-racial New World Order is for any people to demand the right to preserve their own identity and freedomâ€.

The BNP says they have no truck with “race hateâ€. Another outrageous lie. The jokes, caricatures, cartoons and articles depict black people as stupid, criminally minded and ugly. Time and again, BNP publications talk about the genetic superiority of the white race.

Several BNP members have put this racism into practice:

- Former National Organiser Richard Edmonds was convicted for his part in a vicious bottle attack on a mixed race couple in a pub in East London 1993

- BNP supporter Stuart Kerr was sentenced to 12 years imprisonment for firebombing an Asian shop in Chichester, Sussex

- BNP leader Nick Griffin was convicted of incitement to racial hatred in April 1998

- The BNP organiser for Waltham Forest, Alan Gould, was convicted of racially abusing people in a pub in 2000

- Former BNP member David Copeland was sentenced to six life sentences after planting bombs in London. He wanted to start a race war.

On other occasions, the BNP has glorified racist attacks. In 1991, the BNP newspaper gloated after several BNP supporters stabbed an African immigrant at London Bridge station. The victim had his “kidney surgically removedâ€, the paper boasted. In the same year, the BNP leadership whipped up a racist riot in Bermondsey, London, and led an attack on an anti-racist meeting that was protesting against the BNP headquaters in Welling. Thirteen people needed hospital treatment.

A BNP presence has almost always culminated in “race hateâ€. When Derek Beackon was elected as a BNP councillor in Millwall, racist attacks in the area soared by 300%.

[Source]

You really want to support an organisation of thugs like this? Well as Lamri said, that's your prerogative. But we don't want that sort of character in the RN.