Would AAC make a good MOD (If he voluntered to do the job)?

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by slim, Dec 21, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

?
  1. YES

100.0%
  2. NO

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Having been on the site for a while now I believe that I have the measure of many frequent posters.
    Good CO has stated that he would be prepared to consider site users as moderators if they were requested by sufficient members requested.

In light of this I would like to recommend AAC AKA as Steve. Unfortunately I am doing this without his knowledge so do not know if he would consider being a MOD.

AAC is a fount of knowledge and a prolific poster. he has been on the site for a considerable time and though he turns some of the posts a bit pink this doesn't make him a bad person :)

I don't know whether good CO would need a seconder for AAC but thought it would be interesting to see if there was any support for this idea

2. Re: Would AAC make a good MOD (If he voluntered to do the jo

I've just voted yes. And I will second him. This will keep him busy and may even stop him airing his right on laundry in public. :wink:

3. Re: Would AAC make a good MOD (If he voluntered to do the jo

:lol:

4. Re: Would AAC make a good MOD (If he voluntered to do the jo

The real question is will the absolute power of moderation currupt poor AAC, and if it did could we live with ourselves after forcing him into that position.

5. Re: Would AAC make a good MOD (If he voluntered to do the jo

May do Maxi but I don't think so.
    Must admit though that even with our differences of opinion your name comes into the frame as a potential moderator

6. Re: Would AAC make a good MOD (If he voluntered to do the jo

Yes he would, and for that matter so would yourself (slim)

7. Re: Would AAC make a good MOD (If he voluntered to do the jo

Having met Steve aka AAC in London I would third his nomination. A liberal man with a understanding human nature together with access and experience to research material second to none.

Of course if you are a Fundamentalist Christian from the edges of acceptable Politics he will be on your case with his able, but dullard wingman Nutty.

Nutty

8. Re: Would AAC make a good MOD (If he voluntered to do the jo

Is he Ex-RN?
    I would guess at NO from his name
    therefore my vote is NO

9. Re: Would AAC make a good MOD (If he voluntered to do the jo

Oh dear I hear the clamouring voice of unreason rise above the howling gale.

10. Re: Would AAC make a good MOD (If he voluntered to do the jo

Oh, I'm sorry,

I didn't realise I WASN'T ALLOWED AN OPINION IN YOUR FAN CLUB

11. Re: Would AAC make a good MOD (If he voluntered to do the jo

It was a general not a specific comment, and your post was not visible when I was penning mine. No insult intended in the slightest. Comment as much as you like. AAC was RNXS if I remeber correctly so he is related in a way.

12. Re: Would AAC make a good MOD (If he voluntered to do the jo

He also served in the Royal Observers Corps.

NUtty

13. Re: Would AAC make a good MOD (If he voluntered to do the jo

Ok Maxi i'm sorry I went like that but it does seem a bit of a joke to me that someone with no experience of life in the RN is in the frame as a Mod on an RN website, unofficial or not.
    This is not in any way a dig at AAC, just a generalisation on my part.

PS must keep remembering to take the anti-anti tablets btw ;)

14. Re: Would AAC make a good MOD (If he voluntered to do the jo

I also think that RNXS service would carry some weight. However I think that more important than RN or ex RN is the ability to make fair and and reasoned decision. Steve is well educated and appears to have the ability when needed to bring other aspects into a discussion.

15. Re: Would AAC make a good MOD (If he voluntered to do the jo

No problems Lamri, on the other hand perhaps some one who is good at the job and sympathetic to our cause is worthy of our trust, at least until he c*cks it up.

16. Re: Would AAC make a good MOD (If he voluntered to do the jo

Adding to this idea:
    Oftentimes someone on the outside looking in can maintain their objectivity better than someone who's stuck smack in the middle of the forest. And, as was pointed out earlier, Steve has knowledge that would seem to outweigh practical experience.

You got my vote, Steve.

17. Re: Would AAC make a good MOD (If he voluntered to do the jo

All admirable traits granted, don't get me wrong but I still feel (with my devil's advocate hat on!) that being exRN or still serving in a cushy draft should be a pre-requisite for an admin type position.

At the end of the day its up to the site hierarchy and that decision I would honour obviously, just putting a point across and trying not to upset anyone whilst doing it which, as you may already know, is quite difficult for me to manage :)

18. Re: Would AAC make a good MOD (If he voluntered to do the jo

Perhaps that is down to the pointy gun type thingy your avatar is wielding

19. Re: Would AAC make a good MOD (If he voluntered to do the jo

As an ex member of her majesties finest currently sitting in an office full of ex Army Air Corp, I don't see a problem. The Percy's have a close affinity with Jack and they can relate to most things that we have done. Don't forget that some of them do sea time on LSL's????????
    AAC gets my vote.

20. Re: Would AAC make a good MOD (If he voluntered to do the jo

Is this one better?
    Oh, maybe not ;)