Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

worth every penny

Intesting post but what it fails to mention is how much is brought into the economy by tourism. Will the Japanese take phots of the New Republic :pukel: with the same justo. Me thinks not.

Anyway they should of kept the Royal Yacht and not let it rust away in Edinburgh.

Chew on that. :hungry:

scapa said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7477222.stm when are we going to wise up and dump these bunch of freeloading parasites?

If you don’t like living in a country with a monarchy, Piss off over to France.

If only it will happen one day but sadly not in my lifetime. They came by their unearned wealth through violence, maybe I could challenge Charlie boy to a scrap and the winner takes all.

They serve as nothing more than a constant reminder of our cruel colonial and racist past and on that subject how many ethnic faces do you see amongst their obsequious retinue?

scapa said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7477222.stm when are we going to wise up and dump these bunch of freeloading parasites?

I think in light of this government and the stealth taxes they impose, 66p is a small price to pay when you consider the amount of revenue the Royal family bring to this country in tourism etc.

Worth every penny and more. They bring more than they take into the country and are far cheaper than elected ambassadors. Now how much do the members of Parliament cost each of? bet it's more than 66 pence. :thumright:

bikerman said:
Intesting post but what it fails to mention is how much is brought into the economy by tourism. Will the Japanese take phots of the New Republic :pukel: with the same justo. Me thinks not.

Anyway they should of kept the Royal Yacht and not let it rust away in Edinburgh.

Chew on that. :hungry:

I have seen the Japanese taking photos of moorland rain and mist just outside Haworth because this is Bronte Country!!

Although not a Royalist I would sooner have the Royals than these jumped up celebs and two bit soap stars and footballers anytime.

The place would be a sadder place without "OUR PHIL" to brighten up the day. Now Feck Off and get on your bike before you go slanty eyed!! :bball:

I am a monarchist, but what is the alternative - President Blair?

Just think how much that would cost!

Somebody should also do a costing on the Royal Yacht - how many big contracts were won for the UK and UK workers when the vessel was used (rightly so to) as a marketing tool?

I promise you, a President as head of state would cost more than HM does. People must also remember that places like Windsor Castle belong to the state so even if we did have a President you would still be paying for the upkeep etc.

McC

Indeed we would but it would be a president elected and removable by the people not some German/Greek anachronism who are there by an accident of birth and 'gods will'.

Best place for it rusting and rotting in Leith docks, it should have been used as a target, that would have been even better.

finknottle said:
Indeed we would but it would be a president elected and removable by the people not some German/Greek anachronism who are there by an accident of birth and 'gods will'.

Best place for it rusting and rotting in Leith docks, it should have been used as a target, that would have been even better.

Yeah like gordon Broone et al!! Believe me fink i worked at the seat of government for 5 years and can tell you that they waste money like its going out of business whilst people are living in cardboard boxes half a mile away on the strand!!

ex_rubberdagger, I have no doubt that they do but we can get rid of them and as Aitkin and those other toads whose names escapes me at the moment found out they are accountable, the Windsor’s are not, ye gods they do not even pay all the taxes that they should; do you think that is acceptable?

Latest Threads