Worst pint of beer ever.

SILVER_FOX

War Hero
scribes wrote: Ace and Kestrel lager. Words fail me.

That's cause there are two separate organisations pissing into the bottles!

SF

Beck's, Fosters, Castlemaine, any Carlsberg gnat's p*ss, Worthington, Younger's Tartan, any Tennant's, Tetley's. In short - beer is generally garbage, unless it is made by a small brewery and sold locally.

Had a pint of Tribute in Cornwall last Sat, which was OK, but it took the barmaid about 16 pulls to fill a pint glass. One pull used to be half a pint when I was a boy!

mazza_magoo

Lantern Swinger
Anyone heard of a lager called 'faust' ?. One drink of that and you'd think they'd left the 'y' off the name. 8O

Bibendum

Greenhalls/Greenalls Bitter........supposedly BREWED in Warrington but tasted like it had been through the populations kidneys first............utter, utter cack.

Not the subject I know but Draught Bass is the best beer in the world but only when kept properly.

When I joined NP2010 at AI in '82, the Stena Inspector had fitted out in Charleston, SC. So it sailed with a full container of Yank beer strapped to the deck.

Pabst, Red White & Blue, and "Canadian Style" Carling Black Label.

I think the whole crew had permanent headaches, but that may be partially explained by the quantity drunk, as well as the quality.

But 6 months on Septic beer?
It was hard.

yorkie-s

Badgeman
All bitters in Pompey in the early 80's were shit.I once made the mistake of telling Ruby this fact and became the target of spanners and any other missile for weeks down the engine room.(ruby in the royal standard)

Had some Lager out in Gothenburg, Sweden(1979) when I got a jolly out there on a skimmer in my off crew period on Revenge,and we spent all day drinking this piss and couldnt get shit faced!! And they told us out there that this gear was Grade 3 lager,the strongest stuff they brewed!

Got up next day with the worst headache ever and this gear was costing us about £2.00 a pint then

Dabs

Lantern Swinger
Can't say I ever supped a pint I never liked, except for the bad one's that is, but I was always pissed at that point and never felt bad until the following morning. However, I do remember a bad spell downing Cape Brandy in Simonstown. Yeah, I know, that's not beer, but I don't have a bad beer dit. Anyway, the shit we didn't drink we put in our Zippo's and they worked great.

Probably could have made the 95 RON grade for unleaded petrol. :lol:

dt018a9667

War Hero
Anyone remember that (I don’t know how to describe the stuff) in Cagliari, nearly killed the ships company on the Bacchante off. We should have known better though having just having been at Taranto.

slim

War Hero
My mate reminded me of a really foul ale:

Penguin ale brewed by Falkland Island breweries. Never tasted it myself but he assured me that to get rid of it the NAAFI reduced it to half price. They then tried to give it away and still no one wanted it (Don't know whether to believe him on that one)

andym

War Hero
I dont like Warsteiner from the barrel,gives me a stinker of a headache after half a pint.I can quaff the bottled stuff till the cows come home though!

I wouldn't consider lager to be a beer, but it's definitely the worst alcoholic drink ever. Everyone should have to automatically join CAMRA on their 18th birthday to eradicate lager from the world.

My favourite is Ruby from the Sarah Hughes brewery in Sedgley. Superb stuff, served through a hatch and all.
http://beerme.com/breweries/uk/wm/3748.shtml
I don't remember it being fizzy, but i don't remember a lot after a few of those.

aaaaa

Badgeman
Red Barrel served in the English bar at Portland Maine US was actually warm and flat with no taste but the natives kept trying to force a pint of it onto us just so they could talk to us. Didn't even get tipsy.

sinbad

Lantern Swinger
Guinness in Bilboa, spain, warm and it definitely didn't travel well
'Skol' in Brazil it had enough chemical shit in it to give me the demons for days after !!

FlagWagger

GCM
Book Reviewer
sinbad said:
Guinness in Bilboa, spain, warm and it definitely didn't travel well
Guinness in Rotterdam served in the style of Dutch lager - ice cold (in the days before Guinness Ice), ejected from the tap at a high rate of knots (none of this "good things come to those who wait" crap) and the top of the head removed with one of those little spatula things.

Point_West

Midshipman
During a visit last year to helston I felt a strange heave towards the bottom of town. At first I thought gravity? But no. It was the seemingly hypnotic draw of ye old Blue Anchor.
A hostelry tinted with primordial nicotine and in all probability frequented by King Arthur when he was questing in the area.
Anyway I had a couple of pints of Spingo. Which is a locally brewed ale of celebrated repute and strength.
As I recall it resembled oxidized canal water and had the syrupy tang of platypus poo strained through the perforated colon of a geriatric alcoholic pikey and slid down with the effortlessness of Castrol GTX. Apart from losing all feeling below the hip though that’s all I do remember - as my next memory was of a blinding headache, scorched taste buds and enduring the most boring presentation on future Merlin!
Probably an acquired taste I’m certain? But not for the beer mice among you mortals!

Latest Threads