Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worrying over Medical

Hello to whoever is reading;

Some background.
I am 18 and wishing to join the Royal Navy as a Warfare Officer, General Service. I am a 4th gen Pads Brat, and 5 years RM(SCC) Cadet. Signing on to the service has been my only "definitive" career path, with other choices coming and going.

On to my question;
I have recently come to believe that I may have Chronic Compartment Syndrome in my lower legs. It acts up whenever I run, and I am going to get it officially checked in a weeks time. Both my Dad, (SSGT Army), and my Auntie (Nurse), have their suspicions that it is CCS.

CCS IS Treatable, according to the NHS. My only worry is; once treated, will this bar me from service? The RN Recruitment page only specifies "Breaks or Joint Strain", and this is not a break or a joint.

I know i have no definite diagnoses, I just want a heads up before I take the Medical, once I am fit enough to apply.

Waspie

War Hero
Methinks your asking quite a definite medical question. I don't think anyone on here will be qualified to give you a 'definite' answer.

I notice this is your first post so;

Be aware this is an 'Unofficial' RN forum and any answer given may be subject to a considerable pinch of salt unless your happy with their qualifications to give medical advice!!!!

Methinks your asking quite a definite medical question. I don't think anyone on here will be qualified to give you a 'definite' answer.

I notice this is your first post so;

Be aware this is an 'Unofficial' RN forum and any answer given may be subject to a considerable pinch of salt unless your happy with their qualifications to give medical advice!!!!
I've been lurking for a while, gathering information about the position of Warfare Officer. You all seem qualified enough in my eyes, yous know men and women who have passed medical with a variety of conditions.

Sumo

War Hero
Hello to whoever is reading;

Some background.
I am 18 and wishing to join the Royal Navy as a Warfare Officer, General Service. I am a 4th gen Pads Brat, and 5 years RM(SCC) Cadet. Signing on to the service has been my only "definitive" career path, with other choices coming and going.

On to my question;
I have recently come to believe that I may have Chronic Compartment Syndrome in my lower legs. It acts up whenever I run, and I am going to get it officially checked in a weeks time. Both my Dad, (SSGT Army), and my Auntie (Nurse), have their suspicions that it is CCS.

CCS IS Treatable, according to the NHS. My only worry is; once treated, will this bar me from service? The RN Recruitment page only specifies "Breaks or Joint Strain", and this is not a break or a joint.

I know i have no definite diagnoses, I just want a heads up before I take the Medical, once I am fit enough to apply.
Get it checked out by a qualified doc, once you have the results start the entry process, only the RN Doctors can give you the final yes or no

Good luck

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Worrying about my Medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
SONAR-BENDER Worrying if true Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
J Worrying times for RR? Diamond Lil's 28
H worrying what to say! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
MoD_RSS COVID-19 alert level: update from the UK Chief Medical Officers (25 February 2021) MoD News 0
T Access to private medical records? Joining the Royal Navy 1
S Postpone medical appeal Current Affairs 7
O Medical and SC clearance past drug use Joining the Royal Navy 2
mick1199 F2F medical failed due to hearing - re-test in a month Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
U Medical assistant Joining the Royal Navy 3
U Medical assistant Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
MoD_RSS UK Emergency Medical Team deployed to Eswatini to support coronavirus response MoD News 0
D Medical complex issue - help Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
MoD_RSS Deputy Chief Medical Officer Jonathan Van-Tam opinion piece in The Sunday Telegraph MoD News 0
M Questions regarding the Royal Navy Medical Officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
M About Passed Medical Questionnaire Joining the Royal Navy 0
R Medical RMR 2
M Can't find medical questionnaire and im debating my role Joining the Royal Navy 8
MoD_RSS Update on the government’s response to the Independent Medicines and Medical Devices Safety Review MoD News 0
D Medical cadetship Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
MoD_RSS Statement from Chief Medical Officer Professor Chris Whitty on national alert levels MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement from Chief Medical Adviser for NHS Test and Trace, Susan Hopkins on community testing MoD News 0
MoD_RSS COVID-19 alert level: update from the UK Chief Medical Officers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Letter to the profession from the UK Chief Medical Officers on the UK COVID-19 vaccination programmes MoD News 0
URNU/MNsnotty Sub Medical Req Joining the Royal Navy 21
MoD_RSS Statement from the UK Chief Medical Officers on the prioritisation of first doses of COVID-19 vaccines MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Remarks delivered by H.E. Governor Nigel Dakin CMG, and Chief Medical Officer, Dr Nadia Astwood, at the national press conference on COVID vaccination MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement from Chief Medical Officer, Professor Chris Whitty about new strain of Covid-19 MoD News 0
B Failed medical Joining the Royal Navy 8
MoD_RSS Chief Medical Officer’s annual report outlines health challenges in England MoD News 0
jsdoddy RN Medical - “Permanently Medically Unfit” Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
MoD_RSS UK Chief Medical Officers' statement on the self-isolation period: 11 December 2020 MoD News 0
C Capita medical - weight Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
M Medical Assistant (Submariner) Quals Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 34
MoD_RSS Kenya: call for bids for medical insurance and building products MoD News 0
N Colour perception in medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
MoD_RSS Letter to medicines and medical products suppliers: 17 November 2020 MoD News 0
C Capita and medical history Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
L Face to Face Medical - Covid Lockdown? Joining the Royal Navy 2
B Re-applying and the medical. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
N royal navy medical appeal alcohol Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
R Pre-entry Medical Manchester location? Cancer? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
A Excess Weight - COVID challenges and a failed medical Joining the Royal Navy 2
M Pre-joining medical : where is it? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
MoD_RSS Medical device supplier resolves CMA concerns MoD News 0
T Potential medical discharge Finance & Pensions 29
W Failed Medical- Eczema Joining the Royal Navy 5
M Medical Review Query Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
M Medical Confusion Joining the Royal Navy 15
A Medical Eligabillity Joining the Royal Navy 16