Worried about the running ;(

rmAET

Badgeman
done my PJFT at 10.38 in june, that was in the middle of my season and I was 103kg, just come out of season and measured a run back home in our local park on mapmyrun.co.uk putting in a few steep hills and got it at 11.17.

hated running with no music, mapped out a flatter run and got it in 10.33 tonight with my ipod in, going to double the run and do it most nights until i join on 5th and should be good for raleigh. just need to loose some size.

would definately say if you hate running get an ipod, takes away the boring element and repetativeness.

HOPPY1403

Lantern Swinger
One thing I will say is I stopped using an iPod now on runs as when you are down at Raleigh you can't run with music in your ears. You need to motivate yourself not use music. I just think about crap when I am running and keep pushing myself. Come on guys give up the iPod and motivate yourself.

Guzzler

War Hero
rmAET said:
hated running with no music, mapped out a flatter run and got it in 10.33 tonight with my ipod in, ...would definately say if you hate running get an ipod, takes away the boring element and repetativeness.

Aaaarrrggghhhhhhh!

What is going on in the world?

Just do it for Christ's sake!

Poncing around with an ifuckingpod - what the hell is wrong with you people?

Jamie534

Badgeman
Guzzler said:
rmAET said:
hated running with no music, mapped out a flatter run and got it in 10.33 tonight with my ipod in, ...would definately say if you hate running get an ipod, takes away the boring element and repetativeness.

Aaaarrrggghhhhhhh!

What is going on in the world?

Just do it for Christ's sake!

Poncing around with an ifuckingpod - what the hell is wrong with you people?

Because it takes away the boredom of running? Just a thought.

Stepto

Lantern Swinger
56 yrs old , did it this morning in 10-05.....after 13 mile walk ( at ramming speed )

You amateur! I am 35 years old and still on 15 a day. 1.5m in 10:26:02 (July).

Fair play to you oldies!!! (Stirling and Black2Blue)

Looks like I'll be trying to beat that time then!!! :w00t:

While we are on the subject, I use good running shoes etc but my shins still hurt like hell after a good run. Is this normal? Will it stop after a while?

Kind regards,
Stepto.
:thumright:

How about looking upon running as a release, getting away from what you normally do..
Off by yourself and with just your thoughts for as long as you like..
Someone else mentioned that some of naval life can be sedentary, after all you are locked up on a ship for long periods of time.
Make the most of new, break dreary routine by trying new routes, seeing different places.
Don't make it a chore, you'll be doing enough of those later :wink:

Andy1988

I got my entry date on Monday im going Feb 1st 09' the same night did the 1.5m an did it in 10.21 bear in mind this is my first attempt at the run. Hey everyone btw im going in as a Marine Engineer

Black2Blue

War Hero
Stepto said:
56 yrs old , did it this morning in 10-05.....after 13 mile walk ( at ramming speed )

You amateur! I am 35 years old and still on 15 a day. 1.5m in 10:26:02 (July).

Fair play to you oldies!!! (Stirling and Black2Blue)

Looks like I'll be trying to beat that time then!!! :w00t:

While we are on the subject, I use good running shoes etc but my shins still hurt like hell after a good run. Is this normal? Will it stop after a while?

Kind regards,
Stepto.
:thumright:

If you are getting shin splints then I suggest staying off hard surfaces for a while whilst running. Try some x country.

Latest Threads