Worried about RT

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Davytdc, Jul 7, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi I'm looking at joining the Royal Navy, there are 3 roles that I'm interested in they are Aircraft Handler, SE and AET I want to aim high as I can on the RT any tips on how to get a good score? I've gone through the booklet and done those test but not sure if its enough
    Any help would be appreciated

2. If you type Recruit Test in the search box you will find a wealth of information which will help you. One of the most important things when you are practicing them is to do them under the timed conditions as you would during the real test. No point in spending an hour doing say 30 questions designed to be done in 20 mins.

Good Luck.

Pv

3. When I did my RT last year I looked at the material the AFCO gave me, studied those mostly, but also brushed up on the parts I knew I wasn't good at e.g. maths. So I'd say use the material the AFCO have provided for you, but study more specific elemnts that you know you're not strong at.
    By the time you take the RT the only thing you'll be stressing over is the time limit on each section. I found that the questions themselves weren't overly complex (hardest question was gcse level perhaps?) but the time factor made the test challenging.
    Each section starts with the simpler questions, and then every 5 questions or so they elevate the difficulty. Can't remember the time limits exactly but it worked out as having roughly 15 seconds per question. Also if you don't know the answer to one leave it and return to it later. If you still don't know it then just guess, it won't lose you points and you have a 25% chance of getting the right answer anyway.

4. Are you looking in that order? I suggest reversing the list if your aiming as high as possible in the RT.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014