Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worlds Largest Cruiseliner Sets Sail

Reminds me of those ships that transport live sheep through the Gulf and Arabian Sea although I doubt the smell could ever be the same.

trelawney126

War Hero
Naval_Gazer said:
Reminds me of those ships that transport live sheep through the Gulf and Arabian Sea although I doubt the smell could ever be the same.
Those were absolutely horrendous, you could smell them for miles off. They frequently pulled into Port Suez, pity they don't have an RSPCA.

trelawney126 said:
Naval_Gazer said:
Those were absolutely horrendous, you could smell them for miles off. They frequently pulled into Port Suez, pity they don't have an RSPCA.

Agreed. I'm sure there aren't enough lifeboats for all those passengers.

[align=center]

Spot the difference

[/align]

trelawney126 said:
Naval_Gazer said:

We are booked for the Fantasia next May booked by the other half anybody been on this floating hotel. Suit and tie after 1800hrs must be worn me being a shorts and t shirt type that should be fun.

Regarding the transport of live sheep 50,000 they carry a disgustng trade from the Australian sheep market. We import frozen NZ lamb why do we need live exports. The middle east slaughter houses have never changed since biblical days.

Backpacker1uk said:
We are booked for the Fantasia next May booked by the other half anybody been on this floating hotel. Suit and tie after 1800hrs must be worn me being a shorts and t shirt type that should be fun.

Regarding the transport of live sheep 50,000 they carry a disgustng trade from the Australian sheep market. We import frozen NZ lamb why do we need live exports. The middle east slaughter houses have never changed since biblical days.

Do you mean MV Fantasia... :p

[align=center]
[/align]

...or MSC Fantasia?

[align=center]
[/align]

If the latter, you can read passenger reviews here. Here's a heavily abridged example you will love (link): :p

SailorboyUK Jan 2009 said:
An experience - not again
With so many floors the lifts just cannot cope - they often do not stop on your floor... The restaurant service was poor to start - no time for coffee we were originally told at dinner the first night... Lights go up after one and a half hours to tell you to leave!! A glass of water was served HOT. Many meals for the table of 6 were completely missed - forgotten or brought out of sync with the other meals. Water had to be purchased at almost £2 per bottle. Tonic £2.80 - (Beer 2 bottles) £9.... The dress code of formal when at Sea - informal in-port did not apply. Smart jackets was the order every day, apart from two Gala nights - one night informal.... Overall - just about value for money - but would never set out to choose a large ship again.

To be fair, most reviews are highly complimentary but whatever you do, don't look at this website. Enjoy your trip.

Seadog

War Hero
Trivia corner.

The maiden voyage Master of Oasis of the Seas, Captain William Wright presents a video on 'hi fog' fixed fire-fighting installations that forms part of the Navy's '35' course. I thought I recognised his face (in other articles on the Oasis of the Seas.)

hnhnwilliam

Lantern Swinger
Seadog said:
Trivia corner.

The maiden voyage Master of Oasis of the Seas, Captain William Wright...............
He is a Lt.Cdr Retd. USN. He also took Freedom Of The Seas on her maiden voyage.

I've actually been on board one of the American versions, when I was in Reykjavik. It was so large I felt disorientated. When I go cruising I go on smallish vessels and sit in a restaurant sharing a table with the same people all in evening dress. On these floatels the passengers queue up, sometimes for half an hour, like when I was at school and sit anywhere they can, clad in t shirts, etc. I spent 20 minutes just queing for coffee! The Sun Deck had two very large swimming pools and unbelieveably a huge screen for films. The ship I toured had a internal flood a few weeks later caused by their indoor fountains flooding! They had to evacuate the ship as it affected her stability. I would never choose to sail in one as they are too big, tooluxurious and I'm not convinced they are really seaworthy.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Being a Reservist is the best of both worlds MoD News 0
Ageing_Gracefully Theatre Offer: The Two Worlds of Charlie F Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 0
Ageing_Gracefully The Two Worlds of Charlie F Competitions 4
MoD_RSS The Two Worlds of Charlie F begins national tour Current Affairs 0
scouse The Worlds Fastest Indian Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 3
S Worlds Shortest Horror Story! Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 6
Rumrat Friggin hell we're worlds apart. Diamond Lil's 14
S the worlds most famous shirtlifter! Diamond Lil's 53
Chicogiz Worlds biggest snake found dead! Diamond Lil's 13
Ja5on Worlds tallest man visits London Current Affairs 3
NotmeChief Just for you RJ. Worlds 2nd Ugliest Woman. Diamond Lil's 8
RonJeremy Worlds First Robotic Model Diamond Lil's 8
NotmeChief Worlds Best Job Diamond Lil's 15
NotmeChief The Worlds Biggest 'Gobshite' Current Affairs 58
NotmeChief The Worlds Saddest Songs The Quarterdeck 32
NotmeChief The worlds an ******** and England is right up it. The Quarterdeck 9
Ships_Cat Worlds first submersible car??? Motoring 3
AfterSSE Worlds worst website... Diamond Lil's 16
D Worlds Ugliest Dog! Diamond Lil's 12
higthepig Worlds easiest quiz The Gash Barge 10
slim Great Britain -- Our role as the worlds policeman Current Affairs 19
MoD_RSS Largest COVID-19 antibody testing programme publishes findings on antibody response over time MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Millions of extra flu jabs available to support largest UK vaccination programme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Royal Navy seizes over 450kg in the largest methamphetamine drug bust in the Middle East MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Largest testing study for coronavirus publishes latest findings MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Interim results from largest COVID-19 study published MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Largest testing programme for coronavirus reinforces need for vigilance MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Largest home antibody testing programme for COVID-19 publishes findings MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Largest testing programme for coronavirus shows virus continued to decline in June MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Largest testing programme for coronavirus publishes its initial findings MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Greater Manchester to house to world's largest liquid air battery MoD News 0
MoD_RSS World's largest trial of potential coronavirus treatments rolled out across the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Second phase of Northstowe and one of the UK’s largest modular neighbourhoods gets the green light MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The NDA Supply Chain Event – the largest of its kind in Europe – launches its registration today. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK’s largest UN mission draws to a close after four successful years MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Employment hotline opens for offenders in Scotland’s largest prison MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Indian parliamentarians tour UK's largest aircraft carrier MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government and UK CAA launches largest repatriation in peacetime history after collapse of Thomas Cook MoD News 0
MoD_RSS World's largest genetics project to tackle deadly diseases launches MoD News 0
MoD_RSS World's largest genetics research project to fight deadly diseases and offer new offer for international students MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Department for International Trade welcomes global delegation to UK’s largest Oil and Gas event in Aberdeen MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK government confirms Glasgow to host its largest ever summit MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Welsh firm Flamgard protects world’s largest moving structure with UKEF support MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: One of the largest mental health trials launches in schools MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK brings largest ever delegation to world's biggest trade show MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Largest upgrade in a generation to workplace rights - getting work right for British workers and businesses MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Police to get largest funding increase since 2010 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: UK medical support to largest UN peacekeeping mission in South Sudan continues after hospital handover to Vietnam MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Minister talks trade at UK's largest bio-science campus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK aid makes largest ever investment to help end FGM worldwide by 2030 MoD News 0