World cup so far

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by Skunkmiester, Jun 14, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well I didnt think much to Brazil last night they seem to be bored of winning.
    In fact none of the top teams have really shown much promise apart from Boo hisss Argentina.

Could this be a year for the big upset? Could Australia or Switzerland take the cup?

I'm sure that the big teams will change up a gear once the group stages are out of the way but at the moment most of the interest is in the smaller sides.
  2. Switzerland played [email protected] last night. Ok so a 0:0 draw with France but the amount of fowls played by our Swiz loving chocolate country, grrrrrr!!!!

Waiting for the Poland Vs Germany match today, to be honest I think Poland could be a dark horse in this one. Germany’s line up isn’t looking to well so far.
  3. Jenny, did not realise any chickens were playing.

Sorry, I'll get me coat. :)
  4. I think England need to pull their sox up quick - Ok, they got through (!!) in Saturday's match but there are a lot more stronger teams still there to conquer.
    Perhaps we should have a World Cup in shopping -- from what the papers say, the WC wives and girlfriends are doing very well indeed :lol:

One of the staff in my building was over the moon with the Trinidad & Tobago game - she says they are after the crown and we have to look out!!
  5. Im still waiting ofr the 2nd Innings,and why aret they wearing Pads and Helmets?????
  6. world cup ?? is it on yet? fooking stellas good stuff :lol:
  7. What happened to Will carling?has he been dropped?
  8. World cup?

9. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Don't worry Peter, your lot didn't make it, again :lol:
  10. At least whe we do qualify by accident for such competitions our supporter are welcomed almost everywhere.

11. Anyone see GMTV this morning - a group of supporters in Scotland waving the Trinidad & Tobago flag - they were probably real (!?) Trinidadians and not Scots :wink:
  12. Well in that case you can join us.

On the news today there was an inspector in the Nuremburg Police that said that English fans are now among the best in the world and commended England on sorting out it's hooligan proble.

Watched a program 3 days ago saying that the hooligan issue was mainly sorted out by the use of ecstasy at raves in the late 80's early 90's.
    A lot of football fans went to these raves, took ecstasy and loved everyone. Think that the program makers may have been biased.
  13. One school of thought (with which I tend to agree) says that if you're planning a campaign of 7 games in one month, then you'll do just enough to scrap through in the first few matches. Why waste your best breaths in the Group stages?
  14. England in spite of two late goals were piss poor today and twice as nasty. These so called 'stars' playing T & T who are really only a 4th Division side, haven't got a snowball in hell's chance of being in the final. So Rooney came on but should he have? If he gets a further blow on his once damaged foot, Sven the Swede will get his arse kicked so hard by Sir Alex that his nose will bleed. Overpaid prima donnas some, if they couldn't kick a ball they wouldn't even be fit to stack food on the shelves at Asda. Thank God they play a man's game in Canada-Hockey.
  15. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Of course they are, especially in Germany, where I understand they love their girls with skirts and hairy legs (not to mention the armpits) :roll:
  16. That last 15 minutes shows that England can show flair when they need to, I just think that they should have done that as soon as T & T scared us with the Terry clearance.
    Lampard and Crouch were very dissapointing.
    England will have to stretch that last 15 minutes to 90 if they want to get past the next stage. I really hope we get Germany next, that should light their blue touch paper.
  17. T & T did very well I think, and they were playing a supposedly world class team - can't say I saw any world class football being played by England. :x
    From what I saw they only got there because the other team were tiring.

Sox up? - seems to me that there needs to be a few 264s read to the team, and perhaps Sven needs his too :!:
  18. I am glad England have managed to overcome the first hurdle, I think the fall out from being sent home at this point would have been even worse than them winning. I must say though from watching some of the first hald last night, they don't look like world beaters at all. T&T whilst not looking technically any better certainly had the tactics right, and I suspect if Terry had not cleared that ball could have done serious damage to Englands chances

Hope you do better in the next game.

PS If that guy with the foot problem is essential to win, I suspect you are stuffed already.

19. Gotta agree with you John. England were lazy, lacked drive, ambition, ideas and everything else I could think of. However, maybe, and it is a very big maybe...they are cruising and saving themselves for the bigger teams to come in the next round - Well I live in hope !
  20. Crouch was sh*t, it looked like he was out for the glory hunting or to prove something. Good on him for scoring but he should be rethought of for the following matches!

However, watching York play with himself was a treat!