World bank want Blair

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by brazenhussy, May 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It would get him away from here, and perhaps he could get Cherie a job there too, that seems to be the way it is done.

2. One liar (Paul Wolfowitz) replaced by another liar.

3. Can they afford him and his wife ----- Oops sorry! forget his wife, she has just wangled a quango job at taxpayers expense.. !!

4. Pigs to the trough, again?
    I'm beginning to see how revolutionary's become so angry with regimes that they see as corrupt.
    RoofRat

5. It's a speculative report, and traditionally the World bank is a US billet with the IMF being a European. There has been some talk recently of changing that, but I wouldn't anticipate the Whitehouse giving up control, not even to Pres Tony.

6. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Cant see B'lair taking it if offered (doubtful) It would get in the way of his big money making lecture tour and book.

If offered in 18 months time then he'd jump at the chance.

7. I don't know, get all his travel and hotel bills paid by the bank and still do his lectures on 'days off', or just do dinner jobs, no need to waste the holiday days then, and in a few years he can then add 'My days as head of the World Bank' to his repertoir. Potentially a good scam, especially as Cherie can represent the nations screwed up by world bank actions, double whanny.

8. He's been a Banker for many years.

9. Surely that should read "been a W-anchor for many years" :?: :!: :?: :!:

10. I was implying that Brazen, Cockney riming slang (merchant banker-******)

11. Considering celebs are demanding ten grand plus for dinner speeches. What would our Tone be asking??

12. When you consider they look for over £1000 a skull to attend ten grand a dinner or lunch is peanuts. I think Maggie made several £M whilst she was at it. I for one cannot see why people pay to go but they do. Remeber Churchill funded his extravgant life style through both his books and the lecture circuit, and considered the lectures as the fastest way to raise some cash when the coffers were low.

13. Wouldnt mind seeing him tied to an anchor chain :D

14. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Useful CV stuff on his way to President of Europe, to add to throwing our money at the Crabs' pointless eurofighter, Galileo redundant satnav etc & dragging us recalcitrant Brits even further into an unelected Euro bureaucratic dictatorship after splitting 'England' (for which he has only contempt) into anonymous 'regions', compromising the fighting effectiveness of our forces by saddling them with inferior 'euro' equipment and surrendering NI to the RC terrorists..

Must be time for my pink gin.

15. Only reason he is being considered is to throw a bone to the rest of the world, he has no chance, would you employ him in any other capacity than village idiot?

16. Battle over Wolfowitz successor

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/50E25AC1-4970-43A0-87BA-19F5563FCD25.htm