World Bagpipe Championship 2009

fishhead said:
The Scots didn't get on the podium.But Northern Ireland represented by a World War Two Field Marshal managed an impressive second place.Will there be questions in the Scottish Assembly :?:
http://www.theworlds.co.uk/
I used to live in Harwick in Union street, next door to the territorial drill hall.
Fcukin hell what a friggin row, twice a week some cnut trying to strangle a cat. 8O :twisted: :cry:

Definition of a Gentleman: 'One who can play the Bagpipes.....but does not.'

But we English must admire the way the 'Doodlesachs' have always inspired and rallied the British troops - everywhere.

After all, what can we English offer in their stead? Morris Dancers? :roll:

BreathingOutOnTheWayUp said:

But we English must admire the way the 'Doodlesachs' have always inspired and rallied the British troops - everywhere.

Fife and drums good sir, fife and drums. :D :wink:

BreathingOutOnTheWayUp said:

I'll concede there was a time when the dreaded agonybags would put the wind up the fuzzy-wuzzies in foreign parts but I fear they have now lost their potency to shock and awe.Your suggestion of Morris dancers has much to commend it as a full on assault with sticks,hankies and bells a jingling is enough to send any foe heading to the nearest hostelry for cover.Anyhow back to the thread,it would seem our Jockenese neighbours are now struggling to get a decent tune out of their national intrument so we can no longer rely on them to whip up a frenzy of pride,fighting spirit or whatever at any time nevermind the battlefield.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 0
nelsons_blood Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 0