World Bagpipe Championship 2009

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by fishhead, Sep 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Scots didn't get on the podium.But Northern Ireland represented by a World War Two Field Marshal managed an impressive second place.Will there be questions in the Scottish Assembly :?:
  2. I used to live in Harwick in Union street, next door to the territorial drill hall.
    Fcukin hell what a friggin row, twice a week some cnut trying to strangle a cat. 8O :twisted: :cry:
  3. World Bagpipe Championship 2009

Definition of a Gentleman: 'One who can play the Bagpipes.....but does not.'

But we English must admire the way the 'Doodlesachs' have always inspired and rallied the British troops - everywhere.

After all, what can we English offer in their stead? Morris Dancers? :roll:
  4. Fife and drums good sir, fife and drums. :D :wink:
  5. I'll concede there was a time when the dreaded agonybags would put the wind up the fuzzy-wuzzies in foreign parts but I fear they have now lost their potency to shock and awe.Your suggestion of Morris dancers has much to commend it as a full on assault with sticks,hankies and bells a jingling is enough to send any foe heading to the nearest hostelry for cover.Anyhow back to the thread,it would seem our Jockenese neighbours are now struggling to get a decent tune out of their national intrument so we can no longer rely on them to whip up a frenzy of pride,fighting spirit or whatever at any time nevermind the battlefield.
  6. As Burns nicht 2010 approaches, what is the current world record for eating bagpipes in one session?