Working over Easter?

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by taffscrivs, Apr 2, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Who's working this Easter? I am for one. Good Friday, double time, Easter Monday,double time and a days holiday added to the anual 28 days, I'll have some of that thank you very much. Downside is having to share the roads with lycra clad pillocks pedalling furiously to nowhere in particular and crets taking the wobbly box out for the first tow of the year. I'm looking forward to it really, the sight of a cyclist with a puncture stranded miles from anywhere or a badly loaded caravan on it's side on the hard shoulder of the M5 Devon bound makes my day. Me I'll just sit back in the Mercedes Actros, cruise control and cd player on and think of the money. Sod bank holidays I'd rather have the extra cider coupons!

2. Yep, nights tonight & Good Friday, Days Easter Sunday & Easter Monday, oh the joy! Life in a blue one & all that.........

3. Is now a bad time to mention buckshee leave?

4. Best wishes to all working this Easter.

Lycra clad pillocks? In theory, each to his own, but I find the ones who take part in so-called organised events on public roads to be a menace. Gaggles of them jockeying for position, often several abreast and with little or no thought for the disruption caused to other road users.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Could not agree more, last Thursday 5pm bang on rush hour, several dozen cyclists cause chaos on the A465 out of Hereford as they are having a cycle time trial. Hereford Wheelers Cycling Club you are a bunch of arrogant uncaring tossers. what a bloody time to start a kerb rocket event!