WORKING IN INVERNESS

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by KATWEEZIL, Sep 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. GOING TO BE WORKING IN INVERNESS FOR AT LEAST THE NEXT 6 MONTHS SO NEED TO KNOW A FEW THINGS...

* Good boozers - you know, not the plastic palaces with the kiddie set but more like Diamond lil's

* Sailing clubs / Cruising Clubs - Anybody up there need competent crew?

* Good Sea fishing spots

* Quiet Cycling routes

* Bag Shanties!

2. For sailing try http://www.chanonry.org.uk/ I am sure they will sort you out. For sea fishing just look where the boats congregate most of the good spots should be easily visible from the road.

3. If you're in Inverness, take a ride down Loch Ness's banks. Look out for the midgies in the area, as they are particular vicious.

4. In the 60s we used to get bus loads of nurses from Inverness coming to the Lossiemouth weekly hop. Brilliant. If you're lucky there may still be a few around, bit dried up by now though but nothing ventured.............

5. #

Ah! That mythical busload of nurses.....

I spent all of my time in the mob being told that that bus would come to this do or that one; it never showed!

6. It certainly showed at Lossiemouth, mainly for the Senior Rates mess do`s. Quite a few marriages were made.

7. Slim and Hig

Why would a bus load of nurses want to go to Lossie now FFS? (1) Its full of sidewalkers and (b) I'm gonna be living in Inverness? I'm saving them the trouble!

Was in Lossie last weekend, Went into the RNA Drinking Den - I think I was the only one who had done any naval service there! (RNR - I use the term Loosely!)

Slim - Can't see much of Milltown these days. A & B sites are back to fields, only C&D Sites still have Nissan huts (sad really)

8. Shame about Milltown, it had a great clubhouse, suppose crabs never had caravan sites.
    Did you pop into the Coulard, about 200 yds from the main gate. In my day it was run by a bloke called Doug who used to loan money on watches until payday. I think its now run by an ex POAF(AE).
    Always found Inverness a rip off, caters for the tourists with tourist prices. Aberdeen was always much better, how many old Lossie ratings remember the looking glass?

9. Hi Slim

No, I never went to the Coulard, It's a wee bitty out of town for me. I know a guy called George Skelton who owns the rock house, he was a hunter maintainer. I was in my own "Golden Triangle" However (Seamboat-Harbour bar-Brander)

Yours still with a Hangover

KAT