Word of the Day.

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by andym, Oct 9, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In a belated attempt to improve you hignorant bunch,lets have a Word of the Day!

Todays Word is: teleological

2. I'll bite.
    What does it mean?

3. Sorry Shippers i only supply 'em.Not my part of ship to tell you what it means!

4. Git!

5. Stop playing God-if he exists. Now there's a question. Maybe someone could think up a word to describe that sort of argument.

6. what about bollocks? here the proof that he dont!The webdnt lie.

http://www.400monkeys.com/God/

7. Sorry, Andym, should not have started name calling.

Okay, apply logic. Tele - at or from a distance. Ological - the `O' at the start has thrown me already. All I can come up with is `Thinking at a Distance'.
    Come on, someone point out where I've got it wrong.

8. Good stab there shippers.(p.s i love being a git!LOL)My sources tell me its wrong! :lol: :lol: :lol:

9. teleology means the doctrine that there is evidence or purpose and design in the universe or in the eureopean law sense that certain things
    are best explained in terms of purpose rather than cause

That will be £300 plus VAT please

10. Ok lets try Periorbitalheamatoma

11. I ain't going near that one, it sounds catching.

12. peri? bum?
    orbital? around the outside?
    haematoma? bruising?

13. 2 out of 3 isnt bad!Guess again!

14. This is unfair, you said word of the day, thats two, so be more judicious.

15. oooh judicious! Big word higgy!

16. How about Black eye?
    peri= around, orbital eye/socket, heamatoma = bruise.
    Hows that Doc? :wink:
    RoofRat

17. Here's a word just for Rosie: FACTORTAME

It was the first piece of case law I studied when I went on a 2-day civil service course introducing EU law several years ago. Nobody else volunteered to go, so off I went - I was the most junior ranking person there (and the only librarian) :lol:

18. Cholecystectomy :oops:

19. Hokay, how's about TRANSMOGRIFICATION. It's a process that a female goes through once she joins the Navy in the WRNS. I know, because I was told by an old and boldy donkeys years ago. Never knew what he was on about, but it sounds technical don't it? :lol: :wink:

20. Submission to the wrong page, I think. OOP's again :?