Woos' Go Submarine

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by thingy, Oct 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Following the massive deficit caused by bankers' delusions of economic compitence and pollies dodgy expense claims, the RN is abandoning its Aircraft carrier programme and instead is converting our nuclear powered boats into submarine aircraft carriers or Woomarines. Pusser is seeking volunteer Woos to undergo training as Submarine WAFUs in a new branch. Those entering this new branch will be known as Submarwoos.

If you are interested in transferring to be a Submarwoo, please contact Scousey, who has been appointed Woomarine Recruitment Coordinator.

Suggestions welcome.
  2. FAQs

What opportunities are there for sun bathing?
    Should I bring my own deckchair?
    Will we be allowed out after sunset?

I am sure you can think of many more.... And the answers! :biggrin:
  3. Showing your age Thingy. It's been done before, check out the M2

4. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

5. We once had a volenteer to do the course to pilot the 0020 bouy :roll: does that count? :D
  6. Thanks Wrecky & Janner. How interesting. Clearly boats and woos are incompatible.

7. But how considerate of the Woos to make such a cracking dive for future generations. I have dived the wreck several times (mind out for the giant conger in the hangar!) and it is remarkable.

However, it must no be forgotten that she is a war grave, as she contains the crew who were onboard at the time and, as a member of a RN diving club, she was respected as such.
  8. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

True Bender, sadly only two bodies were recovered, the rest are still inside. What infuriates me are the bastards that regularly steal the White Ensigns that have been placed on her from time to time.
  9. The RN was among several navies to develop the concept (Wiki link). At 6,500 tons, the WW II Japanese Sentoku Type submarine was capable of assembling and launching three aircraft within 45 minutes.