Woops..........any pilots out there?

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by wet_blobby, Oct 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

2. A chopper flying past a 500' caused that damage? They're having a laugh, absolutely no f*cking chance.
  3. I think they saw their chance to get a new conservatory after all the high winds earlier this summer.

Either that, or it was a pretty sh*t conservatory.
  4. WB

Dont let Slim see you quoting from the Wail, that's his perks.
  5. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Sorry Maxi, perhaps he wont notice...... :banned:
  6. I wonder if the aircrew concerned would care to post any photographs? :thumright:
  7. Anyone know who the 'MOD merlin' belonged to?
  8. Fuckin Have :thumright:
  9. "are claiming £250,000 in damages plus legal costs. " How much!!! ???
  10. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

From the Daily Wail link
    Must be a slow news day for the Wail to be reporting a contested insurance claim with its origins over three years ago.

The MoD? Just guessing mind.
  11. There's always one funny cnut :thumright:
  12. I didnt know you could get male au pair! gay cnuts!
  13. Anyone that can assess an aircrafts height as being 500' purely by eye must have a unique gift!
    Could it possibly be that the owner of the house, being wealthy, travels a lot by civvie chopper, and as they more often than not cruise at 500', he decided on that figure when lodging his compensation claim?
    Oops! Being cynical again ...............
  14. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Exactly, I think the MoD are fairly safe in their defence, even given that the RADALT was duff it will be a simple matter of producing the ATC and barometric input data to the ADR in court, a few sums with regard to rotor downwash and bye bye insurance "claim"....................... oh here are your court costs . I reckon a 500' hover would produce a mere breeze, probably disturb a hair or two. If you are that way inclined a "simplified" way of working it out, but you need some thrust figures
  15. It wouldnt if I was under it, I got no hair for it to disturb.
  16. I reckon it is odds on favourite for the MOD to settle out of court.

I am sure the pratt who owns the building probably knows someone high up and will get strings pulled