Woops..........any pilots out there?

I think they saw their chance to get a new conservatory after all the high winds earlier this summer.

Either that, or it was a pretty sh*t conservatory.

Seadog

War Hero
From the Daily Wail link
Mr Crowley claimed that when the MoD Merlin - which is 75ft long and weighs 14tons - flew over the mansion on the afternoon of July 23, 2004,
Must be a slow news day for the Wail to be reporting a contested insurance claim with its origins over three years ago.

Anyone know who the 'MOD merlin' belonged to?
The MoD? Just guessing mind.

Anyone that can assess an aircrafts height as being 500' purely by eye must have a unique gift!
Could it possibly be that the owner of the house, being wealthy, travels a lot by civvie chopper, and as they more often than not cruise at 500', he decided on that figure when lodging his compensation claim?
Oops! Being cynical again ...............

chieftiff

War Hero
Crabman said:
A chopper flying past a 500' caused that damage? They're having a laugh, absolutely no f*cking chance.
Exactly, I think the MoD are fairly safe in their defence, even given that the RADALT was duff it will be a simple matter of producing the ATC and barometric input data to the ADR in court, a few sums with regard to rotor downwash and bye bye insurance "claim"....................... oh here are your court costs . I reckon a 500' hover would produce a mere breeze, probably disturb a hair or two. If you are that way inclined a "simplified" way of working it out, but you need some thrust figures

I reckon it is odds on favourite for the MOD to settle out of court.

I am sure the pratt who owns the building probably knows someone high up and will get strings pulled

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 0
wet_blobby Diamond Lil's 2
wet_blobby Current Affairs 74