Woops... 2 nuke subs crash

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by wet_blobby, Feb 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

2. Turn the PING...PING....PING box on Jack!! :lol:
  3. Floggings all round for the Sound Room watchkeepers. I wonder if the Froggies were trying to do a bit of intel. collecting and got it wrong. :wink:
  4. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I reckon one of the subs was trying to be as good as the yanks, they seem to be past masters of undersea prangs... :wink:
  5. Good to know that Mr NEWTON DUNN has a total grasp of submarine warfare. Also good to know that the boats work so well. Additionally good that we have 4 boats.
  6. Blimey, that'll turn your trousers brown (although the comment piece at the side is utter tosh).

Bit disappointed the Sun, with its usual penchant for great headlines, didn't go for "Le crunch"...
  7. I love one of the comments at the bottom:

"Is it true the French surrendered immediately after the incident?"
  8. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Mildly puzzled at how, with the whole of the Atlantic to play with, these two managed to find each other in the same bit and at the same depth. At least it shows how quiet our boats are!
  9. I heard a rumor from inside information that it was a Russian Sub, not French......
  10. If that is the case then why have the Frogs admitted they were involved?
  11. I have no idea, just putting ideas out there!
  12. The concept of a potential recruit having access to authoritative ''inside information'' in this area is so far out that it's just not credible. One might wonder why the fishing trip?

Anyone who does know more than is in the papers, won't be discussing it here.
  13. It wasnt the Russians, it was Aliens, I heard it wasnt a sub they hit but a blue Police Box
  14. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Journo Alert!!! :evil:
  15. Was it a foot long sub or a six inch long sub?

16. With or without jalapenos?
  17. Bloody frogs driving on the wrong side of the ocean
  18. Not the first crunch, and probably not the last, but who the hell gave the story to the press, and the SCUM of all people ?
  19. I suspect the scum copied from some one else and then claimed an exclusive. Nearly every news organisation has the story.
  20. Given that the Sun offer around £250 for a tip-off (let alone a story...) it's not surprising someone blabbed. Of course, les matelots could have tipped off their papers too. And there's always a spotter stood at Rhu narrows taking pictures.

As a journalist, I have to say it is a story - and one with pretty serious ramifications. Whilst the reporting may be a little dodgy (and wide of the mark), this is one where the MOD really must be as open as it can be, otherwise all the CND and anti-nuclear blabbermouths will have their day, making the most scurrilous, unfounded and ill-judged accusations which simply feed public hysteria...

I await media developments with interest (and not a little trepidation...)