woop-De-Do, King Tony isn't going to shut Guzz

Lamri said:
http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=200174&command=displayContent&sourceNode=200173&home=yes&more_nodeId1=133168&contentPK=16385892

Hmm, His Majesty can't shut Guzz, because it belongs to DML.
Bit of luck 8O
Lets see how long it lasts before he backtracks.............

Lamri said:
http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=200174&command=displayContent&sourceNode=200173&home=yes&more_nodeId1=133168&contentPK=16385892

Hmm, His Majesty can't shut Guzz, because it belongs to DML.
Bit of luck 8O
Thats good cause i didnt want it to shut did you?

Don't forget this is the man who said the nation could be attacked in 45 minutes by SHs non existent WMDs. So, do you REALLY believe him?

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum.

But, his Toniness in the form of MoD can invoke their golden share and retake ownership of the dockyard as came out in the recent spat when Halliburton, who own KBR, who own DML raised a share issue.

BLIAR VISITS Devonport

I expect we shall see another picture of a grinning Bliar surrounded by matelots, in the papers.

He has to be saluted because it is the Office that is being respected, but -
who is going to be the first to refuse to shake hands with the slimy creep?

Brains

Lantern Swinger
Does he have to be saluted? I wasn't aware that any political office was saluted. He's not head of state. Anyone know for definite?

Seadog

War Hero
Doesn't have to be but just because we don't like him doesn't mean we shouldn't be courteous. I notice that recently the USMC haven't been saluting him when he's Stateside. As Brains says, TB is not a head of state, even if he and his followers and the ignorant seem to think otherwise.

I'd find it difficult to salute him or shake his hand.

I thoght that only the civil lords had to be saluted and there are none of them now.

Churchill was saluted though as PM but mainly out of respect because he was a respected 1st Sea Lord

On the other hand it is courtesy to pipe on board civil dignatories and certainly I seem to remember there was a list of marks of respect for foreign dignatories visting ships and establishments.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
3yearstilltx Current Affairs 10
wet_blobby Diamond Lil's 2
chipaz Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2