Wondering if I could be a Warrant Officer

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by CJ93, Apr 26, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Wondering if I could be a Warfare Officer

I'm wondering how competitive joining the RN as a Warfare Officer actually is?
    My GCSEs were not too great, but I did manage to pass English language, literature and Maths all at grade C and ended up leaving with a total of 11 GCSEs. However, I didn't manage to pass Science or geography, will this ruin my chances completely of joining?

I'm planning on going to University and studying Business & Marketing/ Advertising, just in case all else fails and have a back up plan.

But realistically, what are my actual chances of being selected and going onto training.

P.S I'm pretty certain I will be able to manage achieving the 180 UCAS points they ask for

Thanks

CJ

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  2. Now, I'll admit to having been outside for a couple of years or so, but I'm pretty sure one cannot join up as a Warrant Officer!!

Did you possibly mean Warfare Officer? Made me giggle though.

3. Haha sorry. I haven't slept in nearly 24 hours! But yes you are correct Warfare officer.

4. Welcome to Rum Ration, CJ.

With 5 GCSEs including English and Maths and 180 UCAS points, you should be OK vis-a-vis the academic requirements.

The main hurdles you will face are those which face all candidates for Warfare Officer.

You will need to reach a minimum score in all four sections of the psychometric test:

http://c69011.r11.cf3.rackcdn.com/d63bb0c11bd843a88d30a3df326d5a00-0x0.pdf

Pass a medical.

Run 2.4 km in an acceptable time.

Pass a Sift Interview with the Area Careers Liaison Officer.

Pass the AIB with a good score which puts you in the running when candidates who have passed the AIB are being selected for a place at BRNC:

http://c69011.r11.cf3.rackcdn.com/f087bc28096f46d9a5a928d6bd99facb-0x0.pdf

If you can navigate the above, you stand as good a chance as anyone else.