Wondering about Human Growth Hormone

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by hopefullydiver, Aug 2, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. rbaerbBarbABNEBT

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  2. Hello Hopeful D

Welcome to Rum Ration!

Why do you want to be taller than you are already?

3. In order to make yourself look bigger just stand closer to the mirror. This is all covered in Phase2 mate.

4. If you were taller, what in your life would be different?

5. Why do you find it problematic if women are taller than you?

6. They're all the same height(ish) lying down, what's the problem, it obviously didn't worry her.

7. I think that the definitive answer to your question is going to be best coming from AngryDoc, who is a serving Royal Navy Doctor. I am sure that he will see your question later and will be able to comment from a medical perspective, which I can't.

8. Had to be joining either as a diver or a PTI.

I'm a little confused by your reasoning of waiting until you get in - do you think the RN will pay for your hGH? If so, you can think again!

Taking artificial substances such as hGH-analogues would be contrary to the RN's drugs policy - in the same way as using steroids is forbidden. You are the height you are, I'm afraid.

9. Then go out with someone shorter than yourself. Simples...You do not seem to have any self confidence in yourself, which may not be an ideal attribute to join a branch which are noted for their humour, especially one who doubts himself.....You'll be ripped to shreds

10. To be honest, I don't know exactly why. Military life involves rules which you must observe - part of being in a disciplined Service. I presume they are forbidden as they focus attention on the individual rather than the team, and could lead to an unhealthy obsession with body, but most divers and PTIs spend most of the day looking at themselves in mirrors anyway. There are health risks to taking these things too.

Interestingly, from Wikipedia:
    Athletes in many sports have used human growth hormone in order to attempt to enhance their athletic performance. Some recent studies have not been able to support claims that human growth hormone can improve the athletic performance of professional male athletes.[36][37] Many athletic societies ban the use of GH and will issue sanctions against athletes who are caught using it. In the United States, GH is legally available only by prescription from a medical doctor.​

Food for thought. If it actually worked, and didn't have a significant risk profile, then it would be freely available and freely used.

11. Too right you are, you short arsed, incomplete, sexually irrelevant Oompa-Loompa.

• Like Like x 1
  12. So long as they are over 6 foot, and can either lick their own forehead or knock nails in with their bellend.

13. Dont worry, you will be seen as your joining as a short ass diver!

14. You may be small in stature but you sound like an enormous minge.

As for fighting:

Hatton, Zambidis, Tyson, Marciano, Dekkers, Duran, Serra and of course, Pacquaio. I could go on.

All short arses for their weight classes, all hard as ****. They aren't / weren't crying quims who got upset at lanky birds and being soft though.

15. Oh my ******* god! I'd the OP serious?

*facepalms*

16. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the truth be known the OP's first choice was for the Coldstream Guards, but he failed his Medical on eyesight ...

... His eyes were too near the ground. :cry:

(Old? Yes indeed, but quite relevant to Lofty's dilemma. :wink: )

17. HGH will only make you taller if your bones' growth plates are still open. If not, it won't have any effect on your height. What it will effect is hand size and forehead size, you can see HGH abuse easily by observing these areas. The excessive forehead growth is called acromegaly, and you end up really looking like a tit. There's also a condition called HGH-gut, whereby your intestines grow excessively, causing your gut to bulge, even if not fat. Overall, for all the desired effects of HGH, there are too many undesirables to make it worthwhile.

There are ways of upping your body's release of its own growth hormone, a newish phenomenon that is far healthier and some believe more advantageous than injecting synthetic GH, but discussing these GHRPs and GHRHs in too much detail probably falls foul of a few forum rules, as they're also now on the WADA list of banned substances. I found out about these peptides while researching how to heal a torn meniscus in my knee, as they're supposed to improve your body's healing.

Angrydoc, how does the RN determine which performance enhancers are on their banned list? Does it just go with the WADA's list, or research and compile their own?

18. You've just described most of the inhabitants of Cornwall and Norfolk.