Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wondering about Human Growth Hormone

soleil

War Hero
Hello Hopeful D

Welcome to Rum Ration!

Why do you want to be taller than you are already?

C

cúnt

In order to make yourself look bigger just stand closer to the mirror. This is all covered in Phase2 mate.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Being tall seems to be an advantage in swimming, fighting and other sports. Plus I had a Scandinavian girlfriend who was about 2 inches taller than me and it kinda pissed me off the entire relationship, especially seeing as she was a girl that loved high heels. So being more tall would be an advantage for dating Scandinavian girls too.

They're all the same height(ish) lying down, what's the problem, it obviously didn't worry her.

soleil

War Hero
I think that the definitive answer to your question is going to be best coming from AngryDoc, who is a serving Royal Navy Doctor. I am sure that he will see your question later and will be able to comment from a medical perspective, which I can't.

A

angrydoc

Had to be joining either as a diver or a PTI.

I'm a little confused by your reasoning of waiting until you get in - do you think the RN will pay for your hGH? If so, you can think again!

Taking artificial substances such as hGH-analogues would be contrary to the RN's drugs policy - in the same way as using steroids is forbidden. You are the height you are, I'm afraid.

trelawney126

War Hero
I think being male it's ingrained into me to not want to be shorter than a girl. Do you have any helpful information regarding my question?
Then go out with someone shorter than yourself. Simples...You do not seem to have any self confidence in yourself, which may not be an ideal attribute to join a branch which are noted for their humour, especially one who doubts himself.....You'll be ripped to shreds

A

angrydoc

To be honest, I don't know exactly why. Military life involves rules which you must observe - part of being in a disciplined Service. I presume they are forbidden as they focus attention on the individual rather than the team, and could lead to an unhealthy obsession with body, but most divers and PTIs spend most of the day looking at themselves in mirrors anyway. There are health risks to taking these things too.

Interestingly, from Wikipedia:
Athletes in many sports have used human growth hormone in order to attempt to enhance their athletic performance. Some recent studies have not been able to support claims that human growth hormone can improve the athletic performance of professional male athletes.[36][37] Many athletic societies ban the use of GH and will issue sanctions against athletes who are caught using it. In the United States, GH is legally available only by prescription from a medical doctor.​

Food for thought. If it actually worked, and didn't have a significant risk profile, then it would be freely available and freely used.

C

cúnt

Too right you are, you short arsed, incomplete, sexually irrelevant Oompa-Loompa.

C

cúnt

]

btw, women generally see blokes from a holistic perspective; whether a guy is 5 ft 9 or 5 ft 11 makes no difference to them.
So long as they are over 6 foot, and can either lick their own forehead or knock nails in with their bellend.

G

guestm

I think being male it's ingrained into me to not want to be shorter than a girl. Do you have any helpful information regarding my question?

You may be small in stature but you sound like an enormous minge.

As for fighting:

Hatton, Zambidis, Tyson, Marciano, Dekkers, Duran, Serra and of course, Pacquaio. I could go on.

All short arses for their weight classes, all hard as ****. They aren't / weren't crying quims who got upset at lanky birds and being soft though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the truth be known the OP's first choice was for the Coldstream Guards, but he failed his Medical on eyesight ...

... His eyes were too near the ground. :cry:

(Old? Yes indeed, but quite relevant to Lofty's dilemma. :wink: )

Obelix

Badgeman
HGH will only make you taller if your bones' growth plates are still open. If not, it won't have any effect on your height. What it will effect is hand size and forehead size, you can see HGH abuse easily by observing these areas. The excessive forehead growth is called acromegaly, and you end up really looking like a tit. There's also a condition called HGH-gut, whereby your intestines grow excessively, causing your gut to bulge, even if not fat. Overall, for all the desired effects of HGH, there are too many undesirables to make it worthwhile.

There are ways of upping your body's release of its own growth hormone, a newish phenomenon that is far healthier and some believe more advantageous than injecting synthetic GH, but discussing these GHRPs and GHRHs in too much detail probably falls foul of a few forum rules, as they're also now on the WADA list of banned substances. I found out about these peptides while researching how to heal a torn meniscus in my knee, as they're supposed to improve your body's healing.

Angrydoc, how does the RN determine which performance enhancers are on their banned list? Does it just go with the WADA's list, or research and compile their own?

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
HGH will only make you taller if your bones' growth plates are still open. If not, it won't have any effect on your height. What it will effect is hand size and forehead size, you can see HGH abuse easily by observing these areas. The excessive forehead growth is called acromegaly, and you end up really looking like a tit. There's also a condition called HGH-gut, whereby your intestines grow excessively, causing your gut to bulge, even if not fat.

You've just described most of the inhabitants of Cornwall and Norfolk.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Wondering what role to pick? Joining the Royal Navy 3
jesse just wondering Diamond Lil's 9
C just passed medical and im wondering whats next? any insights and Im wondering where I do my pjft? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
C hello guys i was wondering....... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 24
Sarah83 just wondering somwthing Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
C Wondering if I could be a Warrant Officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
thereverend Just wondering Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
oscar_the_grouch Just Wondering... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
E Wondering.. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 22
guterslohwire Just wondering Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 26
M just wondering really The Corps 51
MoD_RSS UK response to arrests of human rights workers in Egypt MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New Equality and Human Rights Commissioners appointed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Post Office Horizon IT Inquiry to hold public sessions to probe human impact and the institutional settings MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Third Business and Human Rights Week MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Lebanon Civil Society Human Rights Monitoring Tender MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Expert partnership to explore and establish Human Challenge studies of COVID-19 in the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 45: UK's closing statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Human rights violations in Belarus: UK statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Combating trafficking in human beings: UK statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK elected to UN Human Rights Council for the term 2021-23 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Protecting human rights and ensuring regional cooperation in the Great Lakes Region MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 45: statement for resolution L.52, Assistance to Somalia in the field of human rights MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 45: statement for resolution L.45, The Human Rights Situation in the Syrian Arab Republic MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Joint Statement on the human rights situation in Xinjiang and recent developments in Hong Kong MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Calling for transparent elections and protecting human rights in Haiti MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 45: Item 10 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 45: Joint Commonwealth Statement, Item 10 General Debate MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 45: Interactive Dialogue with the Fact Finding Mission on Libya MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 45: Interactive Dialogue with the Independent Expert on Somalia MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 45: Intractive Dialogue with the Independent Expert on Sudan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 45: Interactive Dialogue with the Independent Expert on Central African Republic MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 45: Interactive Dialogue on the Democratic Republic of the Congo with the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 45: Statement for the Interactive Dialogue with the Special Rapporteur on Cambodia MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Human Rights Council 45: Statement for the Interactive Dialogue with the High Commissioner on Ukraine. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Human Rights Council 45: Statement for Item 9 General Debate on racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and related forms of intolerance MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 45: Interactive Dialogue with Assistant Secretary General – Ilze Brands Kehris on the Secretary-General’s Report on Reprisals MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 45: Interactive Dialogue with the Group of Eminent Experts on Yemen MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Human Rights Council 45: Annual discussion on the integration of a gender perspective throughout the work of The Human Rights Council MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 45: Statement for the Universal Periodic Review Adoption – Lao People's Democratic Republic MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 45: Statement for the Universal Periodic Review Adoption – Kyrgyzstan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 45: UK Statement for the Item 4 General Debate MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 45: Interactive Dialogue with the Fact Finding mission on Venezuela MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 45: Statement for Item 3 General Debate on Russia MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 45: Interactive Dialogue with the Commission on Human Rights in South Sudan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 45: Interactive Dialogue with the Commission of Inquiry on Burundi MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 45: Interactive Dialogue with the UN Commission of Inquiry on Syria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 45: Interactive Dialogue with the Special Rapporteur on Myanmar MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 45: statement for the Urgent Debate on Belarus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 45: Interactive Dialogue with the Special Rapporteur on Truth, Justice, Reparation and Guarantees of non-Recurrence MoD News 0