wonderful meal out in Lancashire

Have just had the most amazing meal out near Clitheroe (Lancs). The Craven Heifer, Chipping Road, Chaigley. Delicious food eaten looking at a stunning view of Pendle Hill. I can heartily recommend it.

GRx

p.s. For starter had black pudding with home made chutney followed by Turbot with all the trimmings and for puds white chocolate bread and butter pudding with ice cream and crystallised orange. (No booze cos I'm on botics for me rash) Mmmmmmmmmm time for a sleep now ..... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

golden_rivet said:
Have just had the most amazing meal out near Clitheroe (Lancs). The Craven Heifer, Chipping Road, Chaigley. Delicious food eaten looking at a stunning view of Pendle Hill. I can heartily recommend it.

GRx

p.s. For starter had black pudding with home made chutney followed by Turbot with all the trimmings and for puds white chocolate bread and butter pudding with ice cream and crystallised orange. (No booze cos I'm on botics for me rash) Mmmmmmmmmm time for a sleep now ..... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
A rash you call it..... do tell more.... :grin:

Canaldrifter said:
golden_rivet said:

GRx

hmm - I'd have thought you would be more interested in food at your age CD :shock:

slim

War Hero
golden_rivet said:
Canaldrifter said:
golden_rivet said:

GRx

hmm - I'd have thought you would be more interested in food at your age CD :shock:
Obviously CD thought you were talking about a Rash..er of bacon :smile:

dondon

MIA
Rash rash rash , thats it , no fxxxxxxxxxg chance , Meal sounded ok though , especialy the Black Pudding ,

F169

War Hero
Hey up. Na then, then. By eck, we dont want an invasion of God's country by bloody Southerners. 'Twas them that gave away Greater Manchester and Merseyside and that bit in Cumbria!

GR - If you get the chance try some meat and potato pie. Turbot is a bit scarce around those parts now - bet it didn't come out of the Irish Sea!

Just a quick roundup ... rash is connected to chlorine and is much improved ... I'm a northerner who happens to live in the south unlike some of you stick-in-the-muds I can make a smooth transition between the two ... no chance??? gosh Dondon I'm obviously devastated. Slim - organic bacon if you are popping out please :wink:

fishmiester

Banned
South West approaches

Have just had the most amazing meal out in the CPO's Dining Hall, delicious food eaten looking at a stunning view of the Chief Stoker. I can heartily recommend it.

Fishmiester

p.s. For starter had bacon Sandwich with Brown sauce out of a sachet followed by a cup of tea with all the trimmings and for puds ...... well bugger all really. (No booze cos I'm on Watch) Mmmmmmmmmm time for a sleep ..... in 8 hours time zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

fishmiester

Banned
Karma said:
fishmiester said:
....I'm on Watch....
I thought you were a weaponeer ;)
I am but somebody has to be up to ensure the provision of 6 sky channels, full internet and off ship E mail to the ships Co. :wink:
Plus we get to see Father Famine off as well

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bacon28 Is our once wonderful Navy now a paper tiger ? Current Affairs 52
BillyNoMates The wonderful world of M.I.L.F. Diamond Lil's 471
BillyNoMates The wonderful world of alcohol. Diamond Lil's 8
BillyNoMates The wonderful world of the Newbie Thread. Diamond Lil's 2
BillyNoMates The Wonderful World of Walters. Diamond Lil's 5
Gutaway Weird & Wonderful Weapons... The Corps 28
MoD_RSS Aldi joins Free School Meal voucher scheme MoD News 0
B CHINESE MEAL Miscellaneous 1
Z What is the one food/meal you could eat endlessly? The Gash Barge 22
slim Want a good Thai or Indian meal Don't go to Israel Diamond Lil's 2
F Who would you choose to have in for Christmas meal?? 3 only! Diamond Lil's 34
slim 999 crew sacked in meal break row The Quarterdeck 9
MoD_RSS Further restrictions eased for Greater Manchester, Lancashire and West Yorkshire MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Restrictions lifted in parts of Greater Manchester, Lancashire and West Yorkshire MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Waste crime taskforce conducts raid on site in Great Harwood, Lancashire MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Restrictions on household gatherings to continue in parts of North West, West Yorkshire, East Lancashire and Leicester MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Lancashire pub landlord wins PM award for record breaking virtual pub quiz MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Environment Agency prosecutes Lancashire farm & contractors for polluting river MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: The grave of Private Frederick Foskett, Lancashire Fusilier, killed during the Great War rededicated a century later MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Lancashire businesses unite behind Northern Powerhouse for Lancashire Day MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: From Lancashire to Texas: 10% production milestone achieved for F-35 Lightning... MoD News 1
Sgt Jobsearch Bookkeeper / Accounts Assistant - Lancashire - Up to £22,000 + benefits The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Field Service Engineer (Electronics) - Lancashire - £27,000 + company vehicle + benefits The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Field Service Engineer - Lancashire - £negotiable The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
BFRS Skilled Electrician - BAE Systems - Lancashire The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Shift Manager (Continental Shifts) - Lancashire - £Attractive Salary + Benefits The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Senior Technician (High Voltage) - Lancashire - £Attractive Salary + Benefits The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Electrical Project Engineer (Contractor) - Lancashire - £Negotiable Salary The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
DemobJob Class 1 HGV Driver earn over £710/week - Lancashire The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Senior Project Manager (Contractor) - Lancashire - £Negotiable DOE The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Mechanical Maintenance Engineer - Lancashire - £30,000 - £35,000 + Benefits The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Integrated Management System Trainer (9 Months) - Lancashire - £32,000 Pro Rata The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Program Manager (Contractor) - Lancashire - £Negotiable DOE The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Field Service Engineer - Lancashire - £Competitive The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
soleil Lancashire Evening Post: "School Flies By When Pilot Chris Drops In" The Fleet Air Arm 0
soleil Lancashire Telegraph: "Full Military Funeral For Pioneering Edgworth Naval Officer" The Corps 0
slim Asbo bans family from Lancashire Diamond Lil's 9