Women's Institute welcomes piracy victim wearing fancy dress

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
I rather liked this:

Daily Telegraph said:
[h=2]A branch of the Women's Institute who dressed as pirates to welcome a guest speaker on piracy realised they had made an embarrassing mistake – because he was actually giving a talk on being held hostage by Somalians.[/h]The red-faced ladies of the Women's Institute donned eye patches, wigs and fake wooden legs for the speech by Colin Darch, 75.

They had been told the retired sea captain would be talking to them about piracy – so several members went in fancy dress.

But when Colin arrived at their hall they discovered he was there to discuss how he was savagely beaten and held at gunpoint during a 47-day ordeal in the Indian Ocean.

Women's Institute welcomes piracy victim wearing eye patches and waving plastic cutlasses - Telegraph

They've just shown it on the BBC news.The fellow didn't seem to put out as he judged the fancy dress competition at the end.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
For me, it ranks up there on the belly-laugh scale, with the story about the blind guy who was tazered by the Police who mistook his white stick for a machete.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
In amongst all the gut wrenching, news-grabbing stories about bonkers SAS blokes with garages full of guns & bullets, paedo 'celebrities', the inevitable upcoming shit-storm of pop-stars who took advantage of their status in the mania days of teeny-boppers (circa 1960's onward), radicalised fundamentalist bombers killing people, radicalised fundamentalist dead Prime Ministers,etc., it's nice to once again have something to laugh about.

In amongst all the gut wrenching, news-grabbing stories about bonkers SAS blokes with garages full of guns & bullets, paedo 'celebrities', the inevitable upcoming shit-storm of pop-stars who took advantage of their status in the mania days of teeny-boppers (circa 1960's onward), radicalised fundamentalist bombers killing people, radicalised fundamentalist dead Prime Ministers,etc., it's nice to once again have something to laugh about.
I dunno. I had a good old chuckle at one of the above.

I must admit I had mor than a giggle at this ... definitely one of those "Oh Sh 1 t" moments! Still fair play to the guy ... he had a laugh and a joke with them about it all when it all could have gone very sour.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Miscellaneous 0
Nicky_D Sports and Adventure Training 7
slim Diamond Lil's 9