Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WOMEN and TATTOOS - Love or hate women with tattoos?

fly_past

Lantern Swinger
Personally the best tattoo I ever saw was on an octogenerian lady who had a tattoo just above her pubic hair line the 'motto' "Tunnel of Love - see below".

Dont ask why or how i saw it but..... no I was sober , and wasn't out on the pull!

Tower this is ghostrider requesting a flypast.......

Not too keen on tattoos at all - I can't really see the attraction, especially those supposedly artistic and meaningful celtic armbands or stars on the foot etc - pretty tacky.

Although not as tacky as some of the "Tramp Stamps" you see just above women's arses when they're wearing crop tops & low slung jeans - ugh! :puker:

jambosun

Lantern Swinger
Not a fan really - they look SO bad on women when they are older. That said a lady once showed me a humming bird that she had on the inside of her upper thigh with the bird's long bill going into that 'special place'. Mind you that was some time ago and its probably stretched to the size of an Andean Condor by now!!

josiecats

War Hero
i have tats.. 3 of them........ for me they each have a reason for being...
but i do feel that tats on a woman should be feminine.........
And yes when I'm a old grandma I will say with pride why I have them to my grandchildren

jambosun said:
Not a fan really - they look SO bad on women when they are older. That said a lady once showed me a humming bird that she had on the inside of her upper thigh with the bird's long bill going into that 'special place'. Mind you that was some time ago and its probably stretched to the size of an Andean Condor by now!!

Reminds me of a woman in the sixties who had "mild" tattoed on one breast and "bitter" on the other in letters about 1 inch high, they are probably about 1 foot high now! :pukel:

Even better is the description here in Germany of tattoos just above the rear end, they're called "arse antlers".
Strangley enough I am not a fan of tattoed ladies, could be something to do with an experience in Hamburg many years ago!

toycommandos

Lantern Swinger
I dont mind a few classy type ones, maybe on a ankle or wrist but when you walk around Guz and see women with them all over their upper chests and shoulder blades it looks gopping.

slim

War Hero
I'm not a lover of tattoos on either sex. But do not like seeing them on a woman. Why anyone pays for something which disfigures them for life is beyond me.

Tattoos on a woman are very sexy, but not jailhouse tatts on the arms, maybe a shoulder, tit, back or legs.
Just gotta pop to the heads for a bit.............

brigham600

War Hero
I quite like them on women as long as they are not 'openly' on show all the time such as on their arms, lower legs or breasts.

I do like them on the lower back and also just above the pubic area if they are well done and not too trashy. Things like 'keep off the grass' etc are just too naff in my view.

Why do some of these young girls think that having Celtic bands all over their arms and legs makes them look cool.

Each to their own in the end I suppose, but keep it subtle girls as its far better.

Oh i fall into the tatooed lady category!!!!
I have 2- one one my lower back- and one on the inside of my left wrist!
ooer

As long as the one on your lower back doesn't say something like "pound away jack", I think you'll be just fine :D

They always used to be a lower deck thing didn't they. With our diverse and inclusive society, maybe one now does whatever the hell one want's or whatever is deemed fashionable. People will be clapping their hands during funerals next.

Had nothing to with fashion- i had mine and my OH initials tatooed on my lower back- and then an N and a T on the inside of my left wrist.
Would never have my boob, arm or legs done- but its`each to their own.

ukdaytona

War Hero
Its when they have instructions for use on certain areas that really puts you off, even more so when they have faded through use :pukel:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dusty70 Tattoos on Women Diamond Lil's 52
MoD_RSS UNSCR 1325 on women, peace and security: UK statement MoD News 0
C Is it time to re-ban women from serving on submarines? Submariners 18
MoD_RSS Minister for Women and Equalities selects new EHRC Chair MoD News 0
MoD_RSS FGM campaigner Nimco Ali appointed as Tackling Violence Against Women and Girls adviser MoD News 0
soleil FB: RN: Thirty Years Ago This Week - Women Deployed To Sea For The First Time The Fleet 16
MoD_RSS Call for emerging women leaders from Pakistan to apply for UK’s Chevening scholarship scheme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Women make up more than a third of all board members across the FTSE 350 for the first time MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CNC officers proud to take part in webinar on women in armed policing MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Dstl Scientist shortlisted for Women in Defence Awards 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Winners of the European Tech Women Awards announced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Liam Fox pledges half his team will be women if he is the WTO DG MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Improvements to care for pregnant women and mothers in prison MoD News 0
MoD_RSS DIT joins Women in Aviation and Aerospace Charter MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ambassador Julian Braithwaite’s statement on Women’s Economic Empowerment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 44: Interactive Dialogue with Special Rapporteur on Violence Against Women MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 44: Statement for Interactive Dialogue with UN Working Group on Discrimination Against Women MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Engineering a bright future for women MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UKAEA engineer in 2020 Top 50 Women in Engineering awards MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Meet the women in engineering helping to shape the world MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government guidance to help Britain's top sportsmen and women to return to training safely MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Funding boost to steer more women away from crime MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Minister for Women and Equalities Liz Truss sets out priorities to Women and Equalities Select Committee MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK statement on the occasion of International Women’s Day MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British High Commissioner celebrates Pakistan’s Women Parliamentarians MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Minister for Women and Equalities Liz Truss speech at The House magazine's Women in Westminster: The 100 event MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Women in Innovation 2020: new funding announced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Women leading the way in breaking down boundaries in science and innovation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM appoints new Special Envoy for Girls’ Education ahead of International Women’s Day MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British Embassy improves equality for girls and women in Sololá MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Third of FTSE 100 board members now women, but Business Secretary says more needs to be done MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Women entrepreneurs pitch innovation for Africa to UK investors MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK aid boosts support for African women entrepreneurs to expand businesses into global markets MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Women in Nuclear UK appoints David Peattie as new Patron MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Women in Finance - 2020 Italy Awards MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Dstl Scientist wins Woman of the Year at Women in Defence awards MoD News 0
MoD_RSS DRS' Managing Director wins at Women of the Year Awards MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Minister for Women and Equalities Liz Truss speech at The Telegraph's Women Mean Business event MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Placing women's rights and representation at the heart of peacemaking in Africa MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Pushing for real implementation of women in the peace and security agenda MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Secretary of State Nicky Morgan speaking at the Reform Women's Network MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Minister for Women and Equalities Liz Truss speaking at the FT's Women at the Top event MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British Embassy Ashgabat supports women's empowerment and gender sensitivity MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Space Agency joins Women in Aerospace Europe organisation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Healthcare for everyone must prioritise women’s sexual and reproductive health and rights, says UK at UN General Assembly MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CNC proud to play key part in inaugural Women in Armed Policing conference MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New Women's Business Council to drive progress on closing the gender pay gap MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Women pick jobs closer to family over bigger salary - as government promises to help them reach their financial potential MoD News 0
MoD_RSS High-flying young women and girls celebrated at Downing Street reception MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Record number of women in work as wages continue to outstrip inflation MoD News 0