Woman raped in Edinburgh

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by The_Jimmy, Feb 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The area where the incident occurred, the Telfer subway, is regularly used by people making their way from Fountainbridge towards Dalry, police said.

Police said the two men were described as being white, Eastern European and aged in their 20s.

One of the men was around 6ft tall, of medium build, with a dark shaved head and bad teeth. He was wearing a blue raincoat with 'New Zealand' written on it.

The other was shorter in height, with short blonde hair, and was wearing a black waterproof jacket with knitted sleeves.

Police have stepped up patrols in the area.
  2. You seem to be trolling the worlds media for female assault stories No1.

By the way the Edinburgh plods have 2 in custody over this attack.
  3. Thats good news Peter
  4. What's wrong with Edinburgh, it's as good a place as any to be raped, is this some anti-scottish thread?
  5. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Coming from the source it has I would imagine it's more of an anti Kiwi thread. Note the raincoat.
  6. Edinburgh has women? Are you sure "she" wasn't one of those skirt toting men? ;)
  7. Lucky bitch. Least he didn't fall asleep.
  8. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

As this story is in "Current Affairs" rather than "Diamond Lil's" or "The Gash Barge" I think we should refrain from making tasteless and insensitive comments about the incident, which is still being investigated. Imagine the victim was your wife, sister, mother? Or you, perhaps? :evil:
  9. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I'm not sure I see the point in this, a trawl through any paper could produce something similar. Is this a comment about our society? Scottish policing? New Zealanders?

Highlighting a news story is what this forum is all about - but it should then lead the discussion by means of a comment or theory otherwise the thread can veer off track into Lil's/Gash Barge territory - as has been pointed out in this case.

I think you need to get this back on track Jimmy.

10. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

11. I've had a thought and my comments are - if it was my wife, I would make sure she didn't give it for free.
  12. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

If convicted I'm sure they'll have lots of time to enjoy the views of Edinburgh and make new friends in Saughton.
  13. When you see the results of rape you can pass stupid comments like that! Grow up!
  14. If found guilty, they should both be castrated. My opinion and one I always have regards rapists.
  15. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

This thread is going to cause upset, it does not qualify as a Current Affairs topic for the reasons I have already explained and therefore I am locking and moving it.

The originator will be informed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.