Wired: "In Depth: The Nuclear Submarine That Can Remain Underwater For 25 Years"

Superheated steam and CO2 bubbles leaving a trail were 2 of the things I picked up on Bandy. There again maybe they have devised a method of superheating to get rid of that nasty sat stuff ;)

My youngest did a school project on nuclear energy when he was 11 yrs old, he knew I was an ex nuclear submariner but not much else about my past. He told me all about PWRs used on submarines and was well pissed off when, after he had explained it at length, I told him what my job on SSNs and SSBNs had been.
He had some cracking diagrams of reactors and primary and secondary loops. That was 12 years ago.

TeeCeeCee

Lantern Swinger
At the stem there's a sharp-edged casing under the waterline around the sensors(?).

Is that the finished object or a temporary screen to preserve secrecy of what's behind it?

P.s. In the article the Vanguard class replacments are called the 'Successor' class. I take it 'successor' a working name?

Last edited:
At the stem there's a sharp-edged casing under the waterline around the sensors(?).

Is that the finished object or a temporary screen to preserve secrecy of what's behind it?

P.s. In the article the Vanguard class replacments are called the 'Successor' class. I take it 'successor' a working name?
Main bow array - I COULD tell you, but....................

pg55555

Lantern Swinger
Nice shiny bomb shop!
Who is going be allowed inside there to keep it that clean ?

More seriously, I am amazed that with the huge increase in the size of the hull the control room is still so cramped - I'm sure that the only reason the rear end is secret is so that no one sees the four poster beds.