Wink test, Wire/trade test

Al61

Good Afternoon, just had my medical yesterday and couldn’t wink left eye as well as scoring 21/25 on the colour test. My careers advisor and I are meeting in 8 days to try and pass me on these. Anyone who has completed the wink as well as this wire test (mostly the test) give me any advice on what to expect and how to prepare?

Many thanks.

GasmanComeSET

Midshipman
I also failed the wink test a few months ago, mine was just a video call using the same software as my interview that was recorded and forwarded back to capita via AFCO to check I could now wink (albeit looking like I'm having a stroke), shortly followed by a phone call off capita to say all was OK - medical passed.
You'll be pleased to know 3 months on I still look like I'm having a stroke winking with my left!
Goodluck

Posted prematurely;
I found holding My eye I could wink with closed with 1 finger gently whilst opening the other, and looking around (up/down/left/right)
Do it once or twice an hour, also practise on your own in the mirror, I had the family in hysterics whilst learning and it didn't help whatsoever (funny but no help). It's just a case of training the muscle.

Last edited:

Waspie

War Hero
It never even crossed my mind some folk can't wink! TBH, I can't remember being tested, is it new(ish).

You'd never have pulled in the 60's!!!!

GasmanComeSET

Midshipman
It never even crossed my mind some folk can't wink! TBH, I can't remember being tested, is it new(ish).

You'd never have pulled in the 60's!!!!
As far as I could make out from the doc its reasonably newish and fairly common (despite him laughing whilst I was trying)

I can tell you now if the ladies saw me wink with my left eye in any decade, they'd run a bloody mile!!

Hey, I failed my medical 2 years ago on my wink test and "eczema"
2 years on I have just passed my medical and waiting on my start date, what helped me to be able to wink was taping my left eye shut with nursing tape and leaving it there when doing normal house stuff (dishes, cleaning etc).
I started practising my wink 1 month before my medical (don't do this!) but was able to pass with an acceptable wink. My right I looks like I'm having a seizure but the requirement is a wink with you're right eye remaining open.
Hopes this helps :)

Latest Threads