Windows 10.

Discussion in 'Bloody Computers' started by AAF, Oct 1, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. AAF

AAF Badgeman

When I downloaded W 10 there was a message that said the free download offer will end soon, takes a while to complete but it is an improvement over 7 premium..... once you have switched it on and off a few times it settles down , no more 'Please wait while we configure your computer' and other guff when you first boot up.
    If you want the free download get it now as it is bloody pricey as with all MS stuff.
  2. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

Remember that you can only download the FREE version if you are currently using 7, 8 or 8.1. For them there is a 12 month window in which to download.
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. AAF

AAF Badgeman

Thanks granny, they did not make that clear with the link I used this morning.
  4. The downside being that in the future you will have to pay for upgrades.
  5. AAF

AAF Badgeman

I heard that too , they say that 10 is the last OS they will issue with future upgrades.
    I had no choice as the CD burner software on 7 Premium was playing up and I do a lot of that for family who don't have a PC.
  6. I read somewhere that there will be no windows 11 at any time in the future. The current windows 10 will be updated as and when seen to be necessary. I have read nothing suggesting these updates will be charged for. They did request a credit card number when I updated but I declined.
  7. I've just had a big new update on windows 10. don't start it unless you have nothing to do on your pooter for an hour.
  8. I was going to put this in "Top Tips" but what the hell...