Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WIN a copy of DEAD MEN RISEN by Toby Harnden

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
5 copies of this great book are up for grabs in this latest competition brought to us by Flint Marketing and Quercus Books. You have until 20th May 2011 to get your answers in.

The book has been reviewed by Rasselas and the review can be found here. Have a read, it is an excellent review of a very interesting book.

To enter the competition go to the Survey Monkey form and complete the three simple questions, fill in your details and enter the form for your chance to win.

Dead Men Risen.jpg
Dead Men Risen​

Other competitions currently running

Don’t forget that you can also try the competition to win a book about the paintings of Eric Ravilious – see here for that competition.

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
Easter Sunday bump for these competitions. This is a chance to win two great and completely different books which could build up your holiday reading should you win. Go to links in original post for the entry form.

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
This competition is still running so go to the link in the first post and get your entry in asap. This is a chance to win the book which caused so much embarrassment to the Ministry of Defence through having to buy and trash for first print run!

Have a go and find out what all the fuss was about.

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
This competition runs until 20 May 2011 so there is still time to get in and win a copy of this book. Quite a few people have not done their research properly and so getting some of the answers wrong. The answers are out there so go looking for them and get your entry in here before close of play Friday.

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
Only a day till this competition ends, so still time to get your entry in and your chance to read probably the most talked about book this year. Links are in the first post.

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
Competition now closed. There were 41 entries with 31 correct entries.

The annswers are:

a. From which regiment did the Welsh Guards draw most of its personnel when it was formed in 1915? A = The Grenadier Guards

b. What nationality was the first commanding officer of the Welsh Guards? A = Scottish

c. What service did Toby Harnden serve in until 1994? A = Royal Navy

I would remind those that did not get the correct answers to RTFQ!! Especially Q2 where many gave his name but not his nationality, which was the question.

Winners will be put up here early next week.

If you have been unlucky and want to buy the book go to Amazon here.

Look out for the next book competition starting this weekend for a chance to win one of 5 copies of A Spur Called Courage.

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
OK, the news I know you have all been waiting for!! :)

The winners, as drawn by Flint Publishing, are:

fairy_nuff
bisley_Bob
green_cadet
ToMeToYou
tom_dkg

Congratulations!

I have emailed each winner - get your names and address to me asap so I can arrange for the books to be sent to you.

There will be a new competition starting here later today so look out for it.

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
Easy now I see the answers.

Google wasn't my friend for this one.

Ha, ha. It is good to see that some thought was required! I admit that Google was not particularly friendly in this one, but a bit of perseverance would have seen you through. Better luck next time :)

A-G

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
There's that word again, 'perseverance'.

I think I got the latest one nailed, Alan was in the RLC, right?

Rumrat

War Hero
OK, the news I know you have all been waiting for!! :)

The winners, as drawn by Flint Publishing, are:

fairy_nuff
bisley_Bob
green_cadet
ToMeToYou
tom_dkg

Congratulations!

I have emailed each winner - get your names and address to me asap so I can arrange for the books to be sent to you.

There will be a new competition starting here later today so look out for it.

I see the ploy here now, you think you win a book, you send your address, and friggin AG is on your doorstep with a suitcase.
Bugger that I'll buy the book.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ageing_Gracefully A SPUR CALLED COURAGE - win a copy of this book Competitions 7
MoD_RSS Projects to heat homes through disused mines and faster offshore wind farm construction win government backing MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Q Developments win Homes England masterplanning award for planting housing on Surrey garden centre site MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Northern Irish firm doubles turnover thanks to Dubai export win MoD News 0
MoD_RSS It’s a national effort to win coronavirus fight, we all have crucial part to play MoD News 0
MoD_RSS DBS Digital win Best Use of Customer Insight Award MoD News 0
MoD_RSS LLWR apprentices show business flair to win Challenge MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Win for British farm as cabbages allowed into Malaysia MoD News 0
MoD_RSS NDA group enjoys a big WiN at awards ceremony MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Community projects across north compete to win Pacers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Chance to ‘win while you save’ with new credit union prize account MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK-made Freddie Mercury bust £1m win for Queen charity MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £20 million export win for Liverpool supercar manufacturer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Sussex soap company soaks up £100k Japanese export win MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Out of this world ideas win funding in space competition MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: A World To Win MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Nuclear employees WiN big at national diversity conference MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Innovative digital projects to improve public services win funding MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Magic beans and buzzing coffee win international science award MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: York graduates win £25,000 national video game competition MoD News 0
Simon - Quest Magazine Win a limited edition signed print from Jacqueline Hurley’s War Poppy Collection Competitions 0
MoD_RSS News story: Women winning battles: Recreating the Wrens unit which helped win the War MoD News 0
soleil Forces Network News: "Former Army Captain MP Blames 'Defence Cuts' For Labour Win In Military City" Bases / Shore Est 5
MoD_RSS Speech: How Global Britain is helping to win the struggle against Islamist terror MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Armed Forces' double win at UK Race Equality Awards MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Thinking to win MoD News 0
BillyNoMates Win. Blue Jokes 0
Bad CO Win A Set of Body Armour Worth £500 Competitions 8
Ageing_Gracefully Win a trip to Venice Competitions 0
soleil S. Echo: "Nuclear Submarines To Be Based In Sunderland If Scots Win Independence" Submariners 7
S Navy may win at Twickers next year Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 18
Mongke's_Fist Competition: Win an Apple iPad mini (Rumration approved) Competitions 9
Mongke's_Fist Competition: Win an Apple iPad mini (Rumration approved) Charity 4
BFRS Configuring, Managing and Maintaining Win. Server The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
P Carriers win F35 RAF Battle Current Affairs 12
trelawney126 No Win No Fee Lawyers hit a new Low Current Affairs 9
F How to win friends and upset people. Current Affairs 11
MoD_RSS IN PICTURES: Ice patrol ship photos win Royal Navy annual awards Current Affairs 0
Naval_Families_Federation Win Tickets to Scott’s Last Expedition – At the Natural History Museum, London Current Affairs 0
MoD_RSS Armed Forces rowers win gold at World Cup Current Affairs 0
finknottle Aung San Suu Kyi's election win Current Affairs 9
Bad CO Xmas Give Away - Win a £50 Amazon Gift Voucher Competitions 15
MoD_RSS Prince Harry Helps Army Win Polo Event Sports and Adventure Training 8
MoD_RSS Female teams help win confidence of Afghan women Current Affairs 10
soleil BFBS: "Submariners From HMS Talent Win Trophy" Submariners 2
soleil Navy News: "Win Some Top Navy-inspired Toys" Competitions 1
J SNP win a majority in scottish parliament............. Current Affairs 102
labrum They can't fail to win... Diamond Lil's 7
soleil Mail: Only RM EVER To Win Distinguished Flying Medal To Sell It After 38-year Career The Corps 3
soleil Sky News: "Soldiers Win Battle Over Military Covenant" Current Affairs 1