Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Wimmin @ Sea - The funny side

Tingara said:
More info please Scribes -regards

Sadly, there's not a lot more I can say. All I can recall is that there was a lot of talk about WRNS serving at sea as it was a hot topic at the time, and conversation always revolved around what was going on onboard the Juno. As you'd expect there were the usual wisecracks about portholes with lace curtains etc, and not a lot of actual hard info. All I can remember about the results of the study into female-crewed ships that wasn't smut and innuendo was that the Navy had "learned some valuable lessons" from the experiment. Which is Officerese for "it was an absolute shambles but at least we now know how NOT to do it".

sidon55 said:
finknottle said:
janner said:
submarine27306_wideweb__470x309,0.jpg

Australian Submariner, just for you :lol:

I always looked upon Ozzies as rough tough and called Bruce, that chap above looks a little bit effeminate :?

One of the Ozzies better looking female stokers. And the blokes are not bad either. And the girls are usually called Beryl

Is that official then.........Bruce and Beryl...........struth.

QARNN01 said:
Bless you finknottle.... if your unconscious carcass needs carried up 6 decks to the life raft, I'd just pick up your feet and bounce your head up the steps... doesn't really sound like there's much in there to worry about anyway! Suppose you like us QARNNS to be girls tho?! Especially with the florence nightingale pinnies, fluffy sleeves and big hats?!!!

What about the rubber gloves..........

Was in when they were still blue badgers and also served on a ship that had the highest percentage of women on board. In my experience a very small percentage were adequate but would even admit themselves that they should not have been there. It was the old be careful what you wish for scenario, and when they got it they didn't like it.
At one time I was LHOM in charge of a mixed mess and the female element caused us a LOT of problems, some from them and some from the lads, all from the mix. Bottom line? Either all female ships, or shore bases, it will be better for all of them.
Civvy now, and it is the same here on ships.
Don't want to offend but women don't belong at sea.
Ever seen "operation petticoat"??? Great flick.

Lingyai said:
Was in when they were still blue badgers and also served on a ship that had the highest percentage of women on board. In my experience a very small percentage were adequate but would even admit themselves that they should not have been there. It was the old be careful what you wish for scenario, and when they got it they didn't like it.
At one time I was LHOM in charge of a mixed mess and the female element caused us a LOT of problems, some from them and some from the lads, all from the mix. Bottom line? Either all female ships, or shore bases, it will be better for all of them.
Civvy now, and it is the same here on ships.
Don't want to offend but women don't belong at sea.
Ever seen "operation petticoat"??? Great flick.

Hmmm. You were LHOM, and you say that they caused you problems? What did you do about it? Interesting also that you are now outside, yet have a strong point of view that women don't belong at sea.

And for info, my ship has the highest percentage of females to males. It always has had, and always will have. We have 'problems', as you say, but we deal with it through firm management. As for those females who don't cause us 'problems', I'm happy with their conduct and outlook. It's only a 'problem' if you allow it to become a 'problem'.

Levers

Still am at sea and with women too, similar problems but not as bad as in the RN. What did I do about the problems? Solved them of course.
Have to admit though, the PC and H&S attitude of the mob where major factors in it's decline. Still have some good mates serving, and all (without exception) agree on the women at sea issue.
Nothing personal, just observations based on experience.

I agree Levers, not dealing with the problems is what makes them problems. Deal with them and they go away. Women are at sea now and I suspect they will remain. Things change, often we don't like change but we have to live with it and get on with the job.

Peter

As an Aussie sailor, who joined up with the female LSMTSM whose pic appears above and has served with this female LSMTSM I have no problems with WRANs at sea. Like anything, there are good and bad eggs in both lots.

The ones that annoy me are the overly sensitive mob....think you are picking on them when you are only 'directing and correcting'. F*cking soft sometimes, and thats both WRANS and Jack.

Latest Threads