William Roache

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by finknottle, Feb 6, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. He has been found not guilty of all charges brought against him, I cannot imagine what the poor 81 year old man has been put through since these false allegations were made. I would like to see the women who made these false accusations brought to book and made to pay for the misery that they must have caused Mr. Roache and his family, it will be a travesty of justice if the false accusers are allowed to get away with it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Of the verdict, Mr Roache said

finknottle wrote
    [Pedant mode on.] The accusers are real, it is their accusations have been shown to be false.
    [Pedant mode still on.]

3. Is it possible he could make charges against them for damages (to reputation), or defamation of character ?
    He could certainly afford the vulture's.....sorry, lawyer's costs.

4. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

The accusers might, of course, come back in the civil courts to get a verdict on balance of probability. In the criminal courts they failed to prove their case beyond reasonable doubt.

• Like Like x 1

5. Oh dear Seadog, are you at a loose end today?

Ok then, will this appease your slavish attention to detail? ''Those who made the false accusations''.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Yeah ok! Finknottle

7. I shouldn't think so. It was the police who charged him and the CPS who prosecuted him (see what they say about the matter). I think the CPS would be responsible for any prosecution of the "victims". Prosecuting the accusers in the case would be a complete volte-face on their part and an admission that they ****ed up.

• Like Like x 1
  8. William Roache's celebrity status played a key part in his defence - despite the jury being told to reject any notion of his Ken Barlow role.

9. You're probably right Bandy.........if it was me, at 81, with a nice house, plenty of dosh, and still wanted by my employers for doing a not too demanding job,
    I'd put it behind me.......let the scroats lick their wounds..........then write the autobiography......and get it out for Christmas.

• Like Like x 1
  10. It also played a key part in his prosecution.

• Like Like x 3
  11. I think that is possibly true but who can say for certain that it is?

12. So just what are you implying Handler?

13. The use of "false accusers"

"Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,"
    - 2 Timothy 3:3, King James Version (1611)

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  14. You really can't fathom?

15. Maybe this site needs an alternative to the 'like' facility......perhaps a 'what a load of bollox' indicator.... :thumbdown:

.....Seadog will be along soon to suggest I place this request in the 'Site Issues' forum.....where no one ever goes.

16. I believe in calling a spade a spade as opposed to making oblique innuendoes.

17. The publicity this case has generated will, IMHO influence the outcome of DLT, uncle Rolf and any other geriatric pervert case.
    A precedent has been established, and defence lawyers will milk it for what it's worth....once again... IMHO.

18. As the verdict was unanimous on all counts I have no reason to doubt that the correct verdict was reached.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

19. So there could then also be some aggrieved people who feel that they have been let down by the Justice system - OK it may not have been proved beyond reasonable doubt required for a criminal case however - T'aint over till the fat lady sings!

20. Innuendo is much more fun and less likely to be actionable.

• Like Like x 2