Will the navy accept me

Long story short, I'm 21 ones years old and I have a cannabis conviction.

I have an interview next month, this is the second time I'll be applying

However, tonight, I am having to go into the police station for interviewing.

Apperently I tore down somebodys CCTV camera after it caught me stealing their doorbell, while drunk.

This is literally the first time I've ever done something like this in my life apart from smoking weed.

I don't know what I'm going to get charged with yet, but its probably not going to be a good outcome.

Is it worth me cancelling my interview or is there a still a chance?

I'm applying for AET

From Eligibility and Guidance Notes
  • "Acceptance into the Services will depend on the frequency of use and the class and type of drug or substance that has been misused. Criminal convictions for trafficking or supply of any class of drug or substance will bar entry."
  • "If you have been convicted of an offence then you may still be able to join the Service. All applicants must declare any unspent any previous unspent convictions as part of the application process. Guidance can be found on MoD Form 493 Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. This form explains whether you have to give the details of any convictions. You may be prevented from entering or re-entering the Armed Forces if you have committed certain offences or have undergone certain types of sentence. Additionally having an 'unspent' conviction does not necessarily mean that you will be unable to join the Service. The Armed Forces Careers Office Staff will be able to help to clarify your particular situation."
Though you could still join, from the sounds of you I'm not convinced you should. @Ninja_Stoker will probably have something firmer to say.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Apperently I tore down somebodys CCTV camera after it caught me stealing their doorbell, while drunk.
Sounds like two potential offences one for theft/criminal damage whilst drunk, followed by criminal damage after being caught, presumably whilst not drunk. If investigations are ongoing or there's a prosecution pending or an unspent conviction, it must be declared to your AFCO.

This is literally the first time I've ever done something like this in my life apart from smoking weed.
Habitual recreational drug use is a bar to entry unfortunately due to the fact it is incompatible with a Naval career, but not, apparently for a career in the Army after a couple of years have elapsed since last used.

For Air Engineering Technicians we're looking for people who are reliable, trustworthy, mature and honest, for obvious reasons due to the nature of their work. You appear to have been honest, if nothing else - hopefully you are also a reformed or reforming character also.

My advice? Contact your careers adviser ahead of the interview to state your situation with regard the police investigation. Odds are your AFCO will defer your application pending the outcome of any proceedings. Far rather you "front up" than undergo an interview only to subsequently declare or be found out that you are currently ineligible. Your Careers Adviser will be far more tolerant of an honest declaration when the dust has settled than later finding out he or she had wasted time processing an application that is technically temporarily (we hope) ineligible whilst police investigations remain unresolved.

Good luck.

200 years too late mukka. You could have hung around some dodgy pub in Guzz or Pompey and the nice recruiting gentlemen of the Royal Navy could have given you a tap on the head followed by a nice voyage to exotic lands.
You may not have have worked on aircraft but you could have mended sails at height!!!!
Good luck by the way. Methinks you'll need some.