Will I still be able to join if I'm charged with ABH?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Waterboy17, Apr 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I posted on here a few eeks ago about joining up at 17. Since then I got into a fight, was arrested and looks like I'll be charged with ABH. I pretty much know that I'll have to get this sorted out before I'll be considered but if I get charged with that, is it still possible for me to join?

I know I'm young 17 and even if the worse happens I can probably join in a few years but was really hoping to join after the Summer. I had been in a bit of trouble before - nearly 2 years ago but taht didn't seem to be a problem with the recruiters since I had a clean record for 18 months.
  2. Naughty boy! :twisted:

I suggest you visit this thread, which discusses a similar point and will hopefully resolve the problem.

3. Im sure the marines will take you, i heard it was a pre-requisite before joining.
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Erm Nope and

erm nope.

We do not seek to recruit habitual offenders particularly with offences against the person. You appear to think that because you are under 18 it doesn't count- I've even had someone's mother make this assertion. Wrong!

Whether you declare it or not, it will come up when the PNC check is undertaken to grant your security clearance. If you do not declare it your application will be terminated as you knowingly witheld information. If you grow up & accept responsibility for your actions, demonstrate regret your Careers adviser MAY consider a waiver after the rehabilitation period has expired.
  5. A fine career awaits you at McDonalds…
  6. Yer fcukin' right m8
    geoff(ers) :?
  7. there's always the Legion.....
  8. Attended a meeting somewhere on 'Prince's Trust'.This topic came up together with ex-drug addicts etc wanting another chance (when they finally decide to grow up and take some responsibility for their actions) and how the average offender/junkie feels agrieved at the Armed Forces not wanting to let them join up. I was quite concerned that the tree hugging PC brigagde might cave in on this one as you only have to read last weekends Telegraph to see that having an ex junkie on your board gives 'street cred' to your business! I do hope this wont be the case!
  9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Uh-oh, flash-backs to AIB.

I though head teachers no longer sat on the board?
  10. Why would we want you? :?