Will Des Browne resign

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by wardmaster, Apr 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yes

2. No

0 vote(s)
  1. Vote please. Yes or no for Browne to go.
  2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I've voted yes he should resign, but your poll says will he.....I fear he will not.
  3. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

When was the last time a Neue Arbeit polly meaningfully resigned for anything? They believe themselves wholly blameless and if there's any appearance of wrong-doing, then obviously the error lies in the minds of those thinking that blame should be apportioned.
  4. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Seems to have an aversion to the word "Royal" throughout the whole interview, maybe he doesn't view it as such, perhaps he would prefer "my" :evil:
  5. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

These politicians are ever so good at being at the heart of something when they can see reflected glory or personal gain out of a situation, but, fcuk me their shite dont stink when something goes wrong, always someone elses fault.
  6. Tony isn't going to sack him, that would upset Gordon too much, equally a sacking just before the Scottish elections would not be seen as helpfull except by the SNP.

I suspect he will bumble along until Godon moves to No 10 when he will move to No 11 and they try some one else.
  7. No, he won't resign.

There is enough spin expertise in Whitehall to deflect any real blame away from the politicians.

Anyway, isn't he a mate of Gordon Browns? None of the whips would be too keen to upset the next PM by making him resign.

Edited for crap typos
  8. If he does go then it is to be hoped that the Sea Lord responsible also falls on his sword.
  9. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Will Des Browne?! Never 'eard of 'im... :lol:
  10. I think that I can safely say that you stand more chance of seeing Cherie's bare arse in Woolworth's shop-window.
  11. No thanks, not if its anything like her face !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yuk :lol:
  12. How long before James Clark issues a release that "All comments were taken out of context"?
  13. Better stil Blair should sack him, and then he should resign
  14. he and 2SL should go but probably won't.
  15. Browne won't go - TB hasn't declared his full backing of the Defence Secretary.
  16. Whilst as I have said before I suspect Des Boy is pretty cast iron, I would like to know a lot more about the exchanges between 2SL and Des before the report saying te 15 had been allowed to talk and take the cash,why was there a need to report, for example, had Des already said they had to be allowed to talk, go sort out the detail and let me know. If that was the case 2SL was following political intruction, doing his duty, as we should all do.