Will debt effect my rn appliacation???

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by macca, May 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi Guys, im quite new on here, however that doesnt mean ive not been stalking the site for a while and know that amongst the fiendish whit, slagging matches now and again someone crops up with an intelligent comment!

so if you can answer my question with limited sarcasm and accurate info, please do so=-D
  2. If you've been stalking the site you will know that there is a search button and I know for a fact there is lots of threads and advice by our AFCO's on here in the past dealing with this subject
  3. What level of debt are you talking about, Macca?

Bankruptcy, CCJs etc and outgoings which swallow up more than half your pay when starting could be problematic.

A Credit Reference Check is done for candidates over the age of 19 as part of the recruiting process, by the way.
  4. Contact your AFCO and get a more accurate answer as oppose to asking on an unofficial Naval website where no doubt you will get the verbal abuse that you was trying to avoid.
  5. You will be accepted with open arms , to the old Stores Branch and should rise through the ranks to CPO, very quickly..... before ending up like many before you!!! with money problems in DQs and SNLR :sad4:
  6. in response mate i have really poor credit rating due to being self employed and work decreasing with the 'credit crunch'. im hoping the RN will take into consideration that things on the finance front hasnt been easy in past years and sometimes people get into trouble dispite their best efforts to keep afloat (no pun intended)

7. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Fcuk it mate. Get loaded up to your eye balls with debt then run away to sea. Worked for years and years in the past, you'll be fine.

..... they wont tell you this down the AFCO but every time you have a foreign port visit get yourself down the local bank, get a loan and crack on.... live the dream.

8. Don't listen to him, you won't have any mates as you won't be able to stand a round and will be on the bum all the time.
  9. Haha a mixed reaction so i think ill just get in touch with the AFCO, my appliacation is 2 years in so thats why i originally asked. i thought it might be holding my appliacation up as im still waiting for an interview date.

i have recently re don my PJFT as it has to be done every 12 months apparently so al least i know im still in the running. im hoping any problems would have been pointed out by now?

i also had to provide a criminal record check from australia as i lived there for a year, that cost me a nice £180 just to be told i no longer needed it.

think they try and break you before you get in then hopefully its plain sailing from then on Lol
  10. Which job have you applied for, Macca?
  11. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

You think people do? :slow:
  12. Hi Soleil, i have applied to be a stoker.
  13. Good call Macca, just the job for you ?? if you want to do " The Boiler Room Scam"!!!:laughing2:
  14. Enlighten me scouse?
  15. I you know you don't listen to others. I asked for an upskirt of your avatar about 4 years ago - still waiting.
  16. Unfortunately, I haven't got anything witty to say :(

On the most recent security hoop I jumped through with the 'Defence Vetting Agency', I had to tick boxes to say that I had never been in any debt, have never had the baliffs round, never had a loan and lots of other money related stuff.

I don't know what the consequences are for pre-joining financial hardships, but I guess it's something they need to know if you're gonna be all homeless and stuff because your house has been reposessed.
  17. HaHa, sounds a good plan, however being self employed for 8 years i think id take pleasure in paying my bills if i had a regular wage coming in.
  18. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Resolved issues are of little consequence however those chronically hard-up are viewed as a potential risk because they may find themselves wishing to acquire money through nefarious deeds which could compromise security or indeed trust.
  19. cheers Ninja, thats what i was hoping for, i had alot of debt when i was young and stupid however that was all sorted years ago.

puts my mind at rest abit, thanks.