Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will debt affect my application

Doughie

Midshipman
I am currently applying to be a SMME and have got some slight worries about weather the debt i have will affect me getting in.

I have passed my RT, medical and PJFT and am just waiting on a date for my interview.

I have around £7,000 worth of debt which was caused by moving out of my parents too early and wanting to be independant. I am now on a debt management programme where i pay £150 a month and that gets split between the people i owe money too. I spoke to somebody at my local AFCO and they said that as im not bankrupt and as the debt management would not be over 50% of my wages each month then i should be ok but i am still concerned.

Has anyone had any similar expiriences? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

tommo

War Hero
As the AFCO said as long as your repayment doesn't consist of more than 50% of your basic training wages as well as other bills. And you aren't bankrupt then the chance of rejection are less. They do case by case when it comes to this during your security check.

Be honest on the form and you should be ok.

I rejoined with debts (I'm debt free now) I acquired as a civi. So I prove that point.

Again be honest on the form as they do check and will find out if lying or not!

Every turn of the shaft is a new adventure. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doughie

Midshipman
Its not that i didnt believe him but didnt have a proper conversation with him as i just quickly enquired about it at the end of a completely un related phonecall so just wanted to see if anyone has had the same expirience. Sorry if i caused any offense

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Civil news: tender opportunity for housing and debt work MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government proposals to help more people in problem debt MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New debt letters rules will support people in problem debt MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Civil news: tender opportunity for housing and debt work MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Almost £38 million support package for debt advice providers helping people affected by Coronavirus MoD News 0
M Security Checks and Debt Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 2
MoD_RSS HM Treasury announces revision to the UK Debt Management Office’s financing remit 2020-21 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UKEF guidance for creditors on temporary suspension of debt service repayments MoD News 0
MoD_RSS NHS to benefit from £13.4 billion debt write-off MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Courts wind-up debt collection company MoD News 1
MoD_RSS Breathing Space to help millions in debt MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Civil news: housing and debt telephone advice services tender MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Civil news: housing and debt and HPCDS tenders open MoD News 0
MoD_RSS University of Liverpool changes student debt penalty policy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Debt bosses’ failings lead to £7.6 million shortfall in funds MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Individuals to be protected from 'devastating impact' of problem debt MoD News 0
D Security clearance debt Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
MoD_RSS Press release: Government pledges to improve the way Council Tax debt is recovered MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: £2.3 billion debt relief granted in 10 years of DROs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Civil news: tenders open for housing and debt services MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Civil news: tenders open for housing and debt and HPCDS MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Insolvency Service grants 250,000 Debt Relief Order MoD News 0
K Will debt stop me from passing the security clearance? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
NateDogg Help with possible debt problem please? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
perrym Would you like a Debt Free BEng (Hons) Degree from the Submarine Service whilst earning a wage? Submariners 0
perrym Would you like a Debt Free BEng (Hons) Degree from the Submarine Service whilst earning a wage? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
C Will debt stop me joining???? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
D Debt Collectors The Quarterdeck 14
trelawney126 The Debt we owe Libya. Diamond Lil's 1
M Debt help Finance & Pensions 10
M Will debt effect my rn appliacation??? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
T Joining with Debt Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
D Debt Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 38
M bad debt Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 42
S Debt Management Finance & Pensions 18
slim The debt adviser sacked for saving suicidal woman Diamond Lil's 9
golden_rivet prisoners of debt Current Affairs 13
B ARE YOU IN DEBT The Corps 2
MoD_RSS Economic and Finance Committee: When we get it right, we affect the lives of millions of ordinary citizens for the better MoD News 0
vauxhall Flexible Service - How does it affect your Armed Forces Pension? Finance & Pensions 0
N Can political affiliations affect your career? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
PaulieGualtieri Father in prison, will this affect my application? Joining the Royal Navy 2
muskovardo Dad having type 2 diabetes - Will this affect me in my medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
T Hospital waiting list, will this affect joining navy? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
finknottle How will the biggest strike in a generation affect you? Current Affairs 130
J FAO medical types; another 'will this affect my app' thread Health & Fitness 2
NotmeChief Saying someone 'butt ugly' can affect the outcome of a trial The Quarterdeck 17
alex123 Will a Bad Reference affect my application? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
B Will a Police Caution affect my entry to RN? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 44
F Will Butlins Ruling affect HMForces The Quarterdeck 31