Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by NotmeChief, Nov 27, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. "The bombshells from WikiLeaks, founded by Julian Assange (pictured), are thought to include U.S. assessments of Gordon Brown’s personality and his prospects of winning the General Election, and secret discussions on the return of the Lockerbie bomber to Libya. "

Now that will be worth a read.
  2. Gosh !

Leaks on leaks !

3. Looks like there will be red faces on the diplomatic merrygoround for some time to come, woops :oops:
  4. Looks like wikileaks is under a dos attack, not suprising. Hopefully normal service will resume soon.
  5. Long may Wikileaks and any others like it survive.
    Why shouldn't them as decide to over look us be equally looked at?
  6. I take it you've never had access to any classified material? I hope not.
  7. As will the assessment of Cameron and the inappropriate behaviour of a member of the royal family.

Those USB pen drives are the dogs bollocks.
  8. Wilf. Quite so.

Being the great moral crusader is great and is to be be commended. If, on the other hand, your bum is miles away from the flashback, it's not clever and it's not brave. I wish the Wiki stokers and their ilk the most painful of deaths.
  9. I think classified or otherwise all government papers and documents should be made available to the 'freedom of information'' system.

Unless it is classified as a defence paper concerning weapon and tactics
    and possibly some diplomatic paperwork then it should all be open
    for viewing.
    May make people think before writing some of the information.

And like Fink says
    USB drives ------- :lol: :lol: :lol:

10. I always had my suspicions about them :D
  11. I was trying to think of the way I felt on the subject, but you've hit the nail on the head there.

I don't think everything should be made public, but there is certantly alot of things that go on behind curtains that would influence how many people vote.
  13. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

I've only just managed to get back onto this site, following a conversation with a lady in Mumbai, BT went out sometime yesterday evening and were saying that they didn't expect to be back up for 7 hours when I tried at 2200.
  14. Yes 8O
  15. I really hope that is a joke.

Diplomatic signals are sacred. To think anything else is short-sighted and smacks of ignorance.
  16. The Yanks have a saying...."It's a cluster-f**k"

Why do we chaos

I put it all down to Google Earth who in their wisdom/ignorance showed all the sensitive military one said a thing

Maybe the 'Bombers' need a change of depth and scenery??

17. Not now they ain't and I will now be joining the ranks of the short- sighted and ignorant.
  18. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

Thank god our IT systems are so pants that no one can read anything even if they are supposed to.....

Who, in all that is holy, thought it was a good idea to allow USB access to the IL5 system. Really, USB sticks. Anyone can access them and write to a USB stick.....

Makes my PWO(C) blood boil that supposed secure systems (thats what the IL5 means) are so pants.