Wifi in messes

Discussion in 'Bases / Shore Est' started by richie2956, Oct 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good day all
    I have just left her majestys finest of forces and run an internet company installing wifi into hotels, we charge £10 a month and a dayly and weekly charge also, no contracts nothing so can come and go as you please.

Trying to get pusser to take this up for their messes and trying to get some feedback, what do you all think, is this somthing you would like.
  2. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Not quite "current affairs" but I can't really see where else to put it either, Karma may have an idea though!

On your subject though Richie I know that some SR's messes already have this facility: Collingwood, Sultan and a few others!
  3. Northwood too
  4. yes in a way thats the biggest pain as some have it some dont, I would at least have thought the new SLAM accom would have had it
  5. The JRs cabins in the new SLA at Nelson do have broadband sockets installed.

The individual has to set up a contract with the provider and pay for it though. I believe it is now standard fit for all new accommodation.
  6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

All the accommodation out here in DG have ASDL internet connections, and communal areas (such as the food court, seaman's bar) have wi-fi connectivity.

However the monthly fee is a little steep; $95 per month (about £45)!
  7. Moved to bases/ shore ests as there are already some responses, otherwise I'd just kill this iteration of the same question.

Just as well I'm in a genorous mood tonight!

8. Have to spend some of you LOSA then sgt. shame on you :thumright:
  9. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

My only outgoing... apart from beer and scran! :relax:
  10. I left Nelson in May and although there are telephone sockets in the new SLAM the only way to connect to the internet is via dial up or was at the time. Also the information the accomodation office give you on how to connect to the internet is incorrect.

I'd welcome cheap easy access to the internet via wifi in Nelson.
  11. The SLA in Neptune has WIFI provided by BT OPENsomethingorother, costs are about £20 per month.