Wifi in messes

#1
Good day all
I have just left her majestys finest of forces and run an internet company installing wifi into hotels, we charge £10 a month and a dayly and weekly charge also, no contracts nothing so can come and go as you please.

Trying to get pusser to take this up for their messes and trying to get some feedback, what do you all think, is this somthing you would like.
 

chieftiff

War Hero
Moderator
#2
Not quite "current affairs" but I can't really see where else to put it either, Karma may have an idea though!

On your subject though Richie I know that some SR's messes already have this facility: Collingwood, Sultan and a few others!
 
#5
The JRs cabins in the new SLA at Nelson do have broadband sockets installed.

The individual has to set up a contract with the provider and pay for it though. I believe it is now standard fit for all new accommodation.
 

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#6
All the accommodation out here in DG have ASDL internet connections, and communal areas (such as the food court, seaman's bar) have wi-fi connectivity.

However the monthly fee is a little steep; $95 per month (about £45)!
 
#7
Moved to bases/ shore ests as there are already some responses, otherwise I'd just kill this iteration of the same question.

Just as well I'm in a genorous mood tonight!
 
#8
sgtpepperband said:
All the accommodation out here in DG have ASDL internet connections, and communal areas (such as the food court, seaman's bar) have wi-fi connectivity.

However the monthly fee is a little steep; $95 per month (about £45)!


Have to spend some of you LOSA then sgt. shame on you :thumright:
 

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#9
PINCH said:
sgtpepperband said:
All the accommodation out here in DG have ASDL internet connections, and communal areas (such as the food court, seaman's bar) have wi-fi connectivity.

However the monthly fee is a little steep; $95 per month (about £45)!


Have to spend some of you LOSA then sgt. shame on you :thumright:
My only outgoing... apart from beer and scran! :relax:
 
#10
TattooDog said:
The JRs cabins in the new SLA at Nelson do have broadband sockets installed.

The individual has to set up a contract with the provider and pay for it though. I believe it is now standard fit for all new accommodation.
I left Nelson in May and although there are telephone sockets in the new SLAM the only way to connect to the internet is via dial up or was at the time. Also the information the accomodation office give you on how to connect to the internet is incorrect.

I'd welcome cheap easy access to the internet via wifi in Nelson.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Bases / Shore Est 2
R The Quarterdeck 4
Jimmy_Green The Quarterdeck 17

Similar threads

Latest Threads

New Posts