Wife-Strangler Gets Life Sentence

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by sgtpepperband, Jan 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Ex-matelot who strangled his wife and buried her body in her favourite Spanish beauty spot has been jailed for life.

Heavy drinker Allen Heard admitted killing Patricia on the night they celebrated her 58th birthday.

[align=center][​IMG][/align]

He said he lost his self-control during an argument over another woman.

The 63-year-old former member of the Royal Navy looped a piece of rope around his wife's neck and held it tightly for up to an hour.

Mrs Heard disappeared in 2006, two years after the couple emigrated to Spain from Warwickshire.

Birmingham Crown Court was told that Heard made up a story about dropping her off in Benidorm and then sent text messages from her phone to cover his tracks. In fact, he buried her body in a shallow grave at a beauty spot she loved in the mountains in Oliva, near Valencia.

Heard, a father-of-two, gave himself up to police in August last year after returning to the UK. His wife's wedding ring and some jewellery were later found hidden inside a statue of the Virgin Mary.

The judge Mrs Justice Rafferty said he should serve a minimum term of 11 years. Passing sentence, she said: "Like the Crown, this court has nothing but your account. Though you did not confess at the earliest opportunity, you did plead guilty."

Following the sentencing, Detective Chief Inspector Nav Malik, of Warwickshire Police, said he was pleased with the result. "The family has supported us throughout the investigation and I hope they can now continue their grieving process and begin to move on."

2. As a former member of the Royal Navy, a heavy drinker, nearly, but not quite this guy's age, and ex-wife called Patricia....I'd better keep an eye on myself !!! :whew: :whew:

3. He said he lost his self-control during an argument over another woman.

The 63-year-old former member of the Royal Navy looped a piece of rope around his wife's neck and held it tightly for up to an hour.

How do you lose your self control for an hour!

4. He lost control when he released the rope

5. Vindictive cow, all she had to do was tell him that having gotten out of one marraige that he should never ever do it again. getting married, I mean.

6. Pffft...couldn't have been a Bos'n that's for sure, looping a rope and hanging on ffs, whatever happened to the fine art of rope knots, surely any number would have been good, slip it on, make the knot and walk away come back after a few wets, job is done... :thumright:

7. He may be slow witted. I wonder what branch he was in? Ex-Reggie perhaps?

(excepting SPB from that general remark) ;)

8. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Probably an ex-Dabber - good at tying knots! :twisted:

9. He would deffo be better off timewise if he'd stuck to baron strangling!

2BM

10. Definately an Ex-Reggie, they are trained to hold on tight and not let go.

11. Baron Strangling? Perhaps I've led a sheltered life, but anyone care to explain.........

12. If this isn't a 'wah', you'd better get yourself a copy of Rick Jolly's Jackspeak. "Baron Strangling: The process of taking advantage of a well-off civvy individual or organisation." The enjoyment of such hospitality can include anything from being invited 'up-homers' for dinner during a ship's visit to participating in a brewery run. Just remember to send a thank you letter and, if appropriate, an apology afterwards.

13. Thanks Gazer, got it now - similar to a 'grippo' then. The old grey cells you understand......

14. Whatever it was it's her fault. She obviously needed telling twice....... 8O