why women should stop paying their RAFA subs right now

Discussion in 'Nearest & Dearest' started by golden_rivet, Nov 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I can't help wondering if my Mum would have kept on paying her subs and filling up those dinky little collection boxes over the years if she had known that they would turn round and refuse to put her maiden name in her obituary after her married name. Not only that but the bloke I spoke to initially on the phone to inform them of her death was about as surly as northerners get to strangers - and I should know - being a northerner. Nul points I'd say chaps.
  2. Condolences on your Mums passing. What are RAFA ? Royal Air Force Association? It's a wonder that they didn't ask to speak with her "data protection and all that crap.
    I had one person (Unidentified) 'phone me up once, answered with the usual. Then this git wants to know all personal details before he explains what the f*** he wanted. I simply stated that as he had my number and phoned me up he should know who I was...."Data Protection" he stated. So I just put the 'phone down. Some people haven't even the knowledge of how to carry out a conversation on a phone