Why People Love France

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by sgtpepperband, Jul 21, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

2. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

This bloke loved France. Says it all really.

"Franze iz zat way menschen. Schnell!"
  3. French Sticks and French Mustard I like,then you can stick the rest of the country where the sun don't shine!
    French cheese,wine,creamy sauce cooking,Frogs legs,snails ain't my bag.
    Went to a Managers French dinner once everyone of the others had snails I had a steak which was drowned in cream,no more French food for me.
    I like my steaks Texas style,big,well cooked and covered in onions.
    The French can't cook like that! but everyone to their own taste but sauce meals are not for me.
    Don't like Italian either,pasta is crap, flour, egg and water[I don't cook but I think it's that]
    Why eat that when you can tear an animal to shreds covered in Chilli sauce?
  4. What! you want to put France into the UK?
  5. And which twat started calling the chips french fries, WTF has it got to do with the frogs FFS.
  6. And not forgetting the French Mail System
  7. Thomas Jefferson's chef in the White House if Wiki is anything to go by.
  8. He's a twat
  9. Or the aqueduct , the wine and the drainage.
  10. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Look. The French are a nation of wine guzzling, snail munching, galouis smoking, garlic fucking cowardly men and shaggable women who are this nations natural enemy. I, for one, look forward to the next war with the fuckers so that after victory, i can curl one out on the Eiffel Tower and a French whores chest.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Not forgetting that French contradiction in terms the Arc de Triomphe which should be called the "Arc de Triomphe of some battles we won before getting our arses kicked back into the box" although admittedly it doesn't have the same ring to it.
  12. As Lord Horatio Nelson once said...

“You must hate a Frenchman as you do the devil”
  13. Don't get her confused with a German, she'd love that.
  14. Puzzling thread title to be sure.. Was surprised that anyone liked anything about the fuckin place......
  15. ...Try the two-hour lunches, half day on Wednesdays and shutting up shop bang on 12 on a Sunday.Even in Paris, there's a calm, relaxed atmosphere.35 hour weeks,little overtime and a good appreciation of red wine.
    Economy may be somewhat in the shit, but who's isn't ? At least the Frogs don't die of stress-related heart attacks
  16. France? Ah right, that's that place I drive through on the way to Spain...
  17. You missed out bone idle, constantly striking, bad attitude and bad hygiene as well as being "slightly" isolationist.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Magda

Magda War Hero Book Reviewer

When they built Disneyland they apparently had a devil of a job convincing the French workers that "No, 2 hour lunch breaks and knocking off at 3pm on a Wednesday is NOT going to happen..."

On the positive side: - good beaches, warmer seas, decent wine, half-decent holiday homes (3 weeks during every other summer for most of my life was spent in a Chez Nous holiday cottage), good roads (but tollbooths!), quite interesting places to visit (La Rochelle, Quimper, Mont St Michel...)

On the negative side: - bad hygiene (particularly noticeable on the tram when they hold the handrails), takes ages to travel anywhere, when the weather is bad IT'S BAD, dislike of foreigners (unless they have money, which makes them tourists!), food ranges from very good to ruddy awful, and lastly, considering they're supposed to be the style nation of the world... I think most of them look like they haven't seen the right side of a mirror in decades. Fuchsia trouser suit with matching lipstick anyone?
  19. Magda, That is sooooo Parisian and sooooooo yesterday. ;-P