Why oh why did I buy a white car?

Most of whats been said already ... really REALLY hot water with good car shampoo (autoglym do a bug removing one) and use a sponge enclosed in mesh and as SJRM has said ... soak em first! Once you've got them off get some decent wax on it ... the little sods come off easier if the car's waxed.

Enjoy!

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
I just get Mrs janner to do it, they don't bother me so I'd just leave them on. Be very careful if you use a pressure washer.

I've tried the special bug remover sprays before but never had much success with them...maybe I need to leave it on for longer as I just sprayed and wiped.
A common failing where the fair sex are concerned, they don't think it's necessary to read the instructions.:wink:

Had a red estate car once, bought a pressure washer so thought I'd try it out on the car. Never realised paint could come off that easily :(

Have you ever wondered what the little buggers (see what I did there??) have been eating when they explode on the windscreen at 90mph ... red ...well yeah pretty ovious ... but luminous green??????

MaiBelle

Lantern Swinger
Have you ever wondered what the little buggers (see what I did there??) have been eating when they explode on the windscreen at 90mph ... red ...well yeah pretty ovious ... but luminous green??????
I wouldn't know...but they make a fair splash at 70mph too :p

You used to be able to get a small sponge called "Bug Shifter" which had a non-scratching plastic scourer on one side which works well. If you cant find one of them any kitchen or bathroom Non-scratch scourer sponge should be safe to use as long as you do plenty of soaking first and then a good Autoglym afterwards.

Plan B ........... Respray the car in "Fly Snot Green" !!!!!!! :read2:

MaiBelle

Lantern Swinger
And the winner is.....Autoglym 'active insect remover' used after a good shampoo/scrub with a 'bug remover' sponge.
One bug free car :)

MaiBelle

Lantern Swinger
I used a spray bottle with water in today, sprayed the water on and left for a few minutes, sprayed some more on then used one of those sponges with the nylon netting fixed to it - dead flies gone in seconds. :wink:
Yes that's the sponge I meant...they are brilliant!

Why oh why did I buy a white car?, Was it to go with the pink 9" stilletoes, leopard print mini, shocking pink lippy and bleach blonde beehive?

Late in the day I know but;

I simply soak a cloth, then lay it over the affected area, have a cuppa. Return and wipe the nasty critters off the paintwork.

Every night I go through the ritual on the bike windscreen and painted bits + helmet, (that will be motorcycle helmet for the mucky minded!!).

Latest Threads