Why is the medical system so flawed?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by 306dturbo, Oct 10, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. After receiving a permanent medical discharge from Raleigh a few weeks ago after being classed CP 5, I can't help but think this was avoidable and saved wasting over a year of both mine and the RNs time.

April '15 - had pre entry medical, TMU'd for a 6 year old break of my wrist. Colour vision defect noted on my questionnaire, no further tests beyond the Ishihara plates which of course I failed.

September '16 - RN doctor at Raleigh sees I haven't yet done wire test, I get a few wrong and am home later that evening.

I cannot for the life of me think why something that was still a relevant issue at the time of being medically 'examined' was not investigated further, when a wrist fracture that happened years ago was obviously seen as being worse. Bones heal, colour vision defects don't.

My AFCO told me that the medical process has now changed but did not elaborate as to how this has happened to me and I doubt I am the only one.

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

PM inbound

3. Wow Ninja I knew you were connected but sending Mrs May to sort out the problem is going some?:oops:

I'll get my hat

• Funny Funny x 5
  4. Sorry to hear that! How has the medical system changed? In what way?