Why is it? ...Rhetorical questions that bug you.

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by NZ_Bootneck, Feb 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Why is it, when you're trying to write a report or some such thing, that you insert a couple of pictures. Format the first one so it looks just right. Move onto the second which now looks perfect (I bet you can see where this is going!) but it has cocked up the first one entirely. So you go back to that one, get it looking right again, but now the second one has moved and resized etc.
    An hour later you realise that the computer just needed a break in the snow outside my window...

2. Bought an oven from B&Q a few years ago and the element burnt out.

Oven elements range in price from aprox £16 to £58 guess which element the "cheap" oven used?

3. Why is the penultimate letter of the alphabet not zed.

What is the unit of power.

4. I bought a radio from a big elect store for !9 pounds and was asked if I would like to insure it for 32 pounds 50
    Why? (I did decline)

5. With you here, Yorkie, but answer me this: Why do they tell you to keep the receipt as a guarantee - but STILL try to get you to stump up for a "WARRANTY" Maybe they think ALL us 'consumers' are fick?

6. They don't think everyone is, but there are enough numpties out there that will take up the offer. It's not the fault of the salesperson (well, not entirely) as their bonuses are calculated on their uptake of warranties and over-priced accessories. They have to try it on with everyone in order to meet the demands of their bosses. Yorkie, you may have declined such an obviously stupid offer of 'insurance', but I can assure you that there are people who have taken up such offers. They are often offered tongue-in-cheek, as their worth is obvious, but there are still some takers. A fool and his/her money etc etc.

7. Why are the three ink cartridges for my all singing and dancing printer / copier / scanner more than the cost of a new printer?

If of course one buys the 'recommended' cartridges!

8. Why oh why is a Magnum of Dom Perignon Rose cheaper than half-a-bottle of HP colour printer ink! :eek:

9. Who put the 'S' in Scunthorpe?

10. Why is it, if young ladies are made of sugar and spice and all things nice. Why do they always taste of anchovies?

11. What’s another word for ‘Thesaurus’?

What’s the Frech for ‘Cul de Sac’?

Jerry

12. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Whats Frech?

13. What Chinese gentleman shout when he thlow stlick fo doggie?

14. Probably because most electronic gizmos are designed to die about a week after the guarantee runs out...

15. Why do most optometrists seem to wear glasses?

16. Ah Tim you still haven't found the answer, even after our convo about it last night?! :)

17. all you said was
    "haha, now you mention it lol"

8O

18. Why is there only one Monopolies and Mergers Commission?

19. That Tim, was because I was waiting for a genius explanation and for you to pop back up and inform me!! :lol: